Skip to main content

It's Time!

Ava's been showing an increased amount in going potty...and not in her diaper.  She freaks out if her diaper gets dirty, and lets us know when she wants to be changed.  At daycare last week, she went in her diaper and then started to take off her shorts while she was outside so Debi could change the diaper RIGHT THERE.  If she sees a commercial for Pull-Ups, she talks about going potty.  If either of us go in the bathroom, she tells the other that "Mommy/Daddy going potty!"

So, it's time.  And of course, I have no idea what to do.  I know there's charts and books, and rewards and movies, but I really have no idea how to pull it all together.  Well...thank goodness for Facebook - I put out a call for help on ideas, and got many great responses.  I think the overwhelming comment was that we need to take a weekend, let her drink all she wants, and put her in underwear, so she feels what it's like to be wet. 

We've got the plan, and now we just need to execute it.  And that's the tough part.  We'll see how it goes - and I'll be sure to post updates.  Just not too detailed of ones. :)

Before I forget - Happy Birthday, Papa Doug!  Hope you and Mom are enjoying the beautiful Colorado weather!

Ava's going to spend the evening/night/tomorrow with Grandma Deb and Tatiana.  They're going to take a trip to the splash pool in SSP, so that should be a blast!  I hope the weather is wonderful so they get a chance to have fun in the sun!

My gun class is going well - on Thursday we learned all about the best place to shoot and kill a deer.  And tomorrow night, I'm pretty sure I'm going to learn how to gut a deer.  I thought I was signing up for a class on firearms.  Not hunting.  Oh well, never hurts to learn something new, right?  I just might never eat meat again...!  This Thursday I have my test, and then Saturday morning, we'll be at the range for our "field experience"...I think all of the girls in the class are excited - there were a lot of questions about range day on Thursday night.  Scott's going to bring out some of his guns for me this week, so I can review all of the different parts.

Now, onto the cute stuff...!

Ava still loves the big caterpillar I bought for her when she was six months old - now it's become a very comfy body pillow.



We had pudding for dessert last night.  What a mess.  And Scott was having fun showing Ava how spoons can be toys, too.  He's just a big kid in disguise!






She was fascinated by the Disney Channel this morning.  She refused to stop and pose for the camera.



I think Scott and I are going to try to see the movie "Inception" tonight while Ava's gone.  I've heard that it's amazing, jaw dropping, funny, and all-around awesome.  That works for me!  Once again, thanks to Grandma Deb and Grandpa Whitey for taking Ava overnight so we can spend some time together - we appreciate it!

Comments

Definitely keep us posted with the potty training. When we did it with Ryan we just set a timer and had him "try" to go every 30 minutes or so. He caught on in no time. The key is just to be consistent with whatever method you go with. Owen love, love, LOVES to wear underwear over his diaper and cries if we don't put them on. But he isn't a big fan of going pee pee in the potty. He's going to be a difficult one to potty train because he is very strong willed and stubborn :-)
Megan said…
Have fun at class! I was trying to be the cool teacher and show videos of skinning, gutting, etc to my wildlife class last year. Pretty sure I was the only one who hadn't seen that and I was so grossed out, the kids had more fun watching my reaction than the video. I'm glad you're taking an all girls class. My friends would text me funny questions the little guys would ask ("Do we have to write in cursive in our workbook?") haha :)

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

Preparing for Vacation

We had a low key week, which is rare in this house. Oh sure, there were fun field trips at Summer Power, a visit to the splash pad on a hot day, and a few crazy, rain storms, but it was an easy week. Well, there was that one time when we were out for dinner with G (Ava was with Grandma Karen and Grandpa Doug for an overnight stay and a trip to the Dakota County Fair - fun!) and G decided to hide behind my chair and puke all over me and the floor (at the restaurant.) Ugh. The good news is that he was just too full of chocolate milk...no illness! A quiet week, once in a while, is an okay thing! We're starting to prep for our vacation to the Wisconsin Dells...we don't take too many family vacations, so this is a big event for us. (Funny, I took a break from writing this post as Scott just asked me about planning a trip to Disney...we were debating the differences between going to California vs. Florida...pros and cons to each!) Yesterday, I showed G a video from one of the wat...