Skip to main content

Sweet Sixteen

Last weekend was the Minnesota state-level competition for high school marching bands. And guess who won state champ for their class?? That's right, Rosemount did! They are the Class AAAA champions due to their outstanding performance in prelims. And in fact, it's the 16th time they have been awarded the State Champions title since they first won it in 2006! The RHSMB advanced to finals, and ended up winning that, as well, so they were the Grand Champions of Youth in Music. They had some really wonderful competition (Sioux Falls Lincoln and Brandon Valley - both South Dakota bands - are fantastic to watch and listen to, plus they have entertaining and thematic shows.) 

My parents, Deb, and I headed to US Bank Stadium on Saturday night to watch finals. It was a super long night, but so much fun to partake in the experience and cheer on our band!

Two of my fave people in this world!

(Deb was sitting just a few rows away from us due to ticket availability at time of purchase)


The yellow chairs make it easy for us to spot them in a crowd!


Both Ava and G had Thursday and Friday off of this week. G stayed home with me, and Ava was at marching band rehearsal for both days. The band has this weekend off, and then next week, they head to St Louis for the BOA Super Regional. We're not going to STL, but we'll be cheering them on from home (and celebrating G's 10th birthday with friends!)

Scott's up north for the weekend, and we've been very busy at home, getting things cleaned up outside for fall (turns out our pesticide that I spray quarterly does an AMAZING job at keeping the Asian beetles at bay as they're trying to get into our house. I cleaned up 50+ little bug corpses on our front porch today.)

I'm grateful we have a less active weekend so we can take it easy for a few days before another super busy week starts (PSATs, birthday, rehearsals, STL, etc...lots going on!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...