Skip to main content

Week 22 at Home: Rainbow Time

Ava and G had pretty good weeks at the Y program...no issues or complaints, so we consider that a win! Ava's electronic drawing tablet came mid-week and she's been having fun using it with her laptop. The hardest part so far was trying to figure out how to get the batteries into the pen, lol.

G's plushie Minecraft creeper also came, and is hiding out in our closet, waiting for him to have another two weeks of good behavior at the Y. Once he passes that time frame, the creeper and G get to meet! But, we don't want him fixating on it, so if you see him, please don't bring it up. :)

I had a fun evening out in St Paul with a really good friend on Wednesday night. We went to the Red River Kitchen, which is an open air seating building, with beverages and a food truck. And it boasts a great view of the Mississippi River! A storm came through while we were sitting there and we were then blessed with a full rainbow. A sheriff boat also went flying by, plus several barges, so there was activity all around. Fun times! 

The view of downtown St Paul is lovely, and there's also a great walking path right by the river. It was neat to get out and see a different part of the cities. I've been hanging out in Dakota county A LOT the last 5 months, so a change of scenery was phenomenal!


Full rainbow!



Great view of St Paul



Hey, I'm in a pic!

Scott and G are out of town this weekend, so Ava and I have been spending great time together. We ordered Noodles for lunch and sushi for dinner on Friday. We watched "Birds of Prey" on Friday night, and are hoping to squeeze in cookie baking and hair dying before Scott and G get home. She was very chatty when we went on a walk together on Friday...I love this girl time with her!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...