Skip to main content

Merry Christmas!

We've had a wonderful week off of school and work...lots of chill time at home, mixed with a few outings with neighbors and family. It's been a fairly low stress week, and I think we'll all be refreshed by the time it's ready to go back to the normal routine. I've also managed to check off some pretty big tasks on my vacation to-do list, and that feels great! I'm happy that I still have four more days left before heading back to work...more time for fun and productivity!

Look at that huge snowflake marshmallow!


We spent Christmas Eve at my parents house. We ate SO much wonderful food, and had a fantastic time celebrating with both of them, as well as my aunt who was in town from Brooklyn. I'm so grateful that they have moved closer to us...we love being able to spend both big and small moments with them!

Once again, I'm Blitzen at Christmas Eve dinner...ha!


We went light on the treats for Santa this year...I explained that he has a lot of food on Christmas Eve night, and we don't want to guilt him into eating more than he wants to. I think Santa appreciated that!


Christmas day was wonderful, too...we all had surprises under the tree and had a great time with our small family that day. We ended up getting Scott an air fryer, so we've been having fun figuring out the best way to use it. 2020 = less oil/butter in cooking!



G and I went to an early movie on the day after Christmas...I was surprised that there were so many people eating popcorn in the 8 o'clock hour. We loved seeing Frozen 2 - it had a great message, and it gave G and I some good mom/son time, as well as giving Ava some quiet time at home.


I'm going to tackle taking down the Christmas decorations today...it seemed like we just put them up! But, we're ready to bring on the new year...here's to a fresh start, and a new decade!

Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...