Skip to main content

Christmas in Minnesota!

We celebrated our little family Christmas last Sunday, but it was really low key.  G decided he needed a nap right in the middle of opening gifts, so we quickly rushed through his, and got him settled in his crib.  Then, Ava, Scott and I took our time getting through the rest of the gifts, and spent some nice time together.



New bath toys!


"Ooohhhh...."



I had Monday off, and took Ava to her school release day, and G to daycare.  It was a wonderful day at home where I was productive, and actually took an hour to sit down and watch TV...and the shows were what I wanted to watch!  Nothing on Nickelodeon, nothing about Fast & Loud cars, or Gold Rush...they were my shows, and it was wonderful!

Ava and I did have a bit of a rough start to the day, though...she had a dentist appointment at 8am, and while we were waiting to be called back to start her cleaning, their entire vacuum system when down.  No cleanings/appointments happening until they got that fixed!  Kind of a bummer, but we got it rescheduled for another day in January.  The dental staff felt so bad about it...and yesterday, I received a $10 gift card to Starbucks as a thank you.  Not 100% sure it was for the inconvenience of that appointment, or an end-of-year gift...either way, I'll take it! :)

We spent a fantastic (and a bit rushed) New Years with our very good friends in southern Minnesota.  It was a whirlwind trip, as we got there around 8:30pm, and were on the road, heading home by 9:15am the next day!  But, those 12+ hours were fun ones!  We all made it past midnight (except G - he was in bed around 10) and I'm not sure, but I think Ava and Isabel only got about 3 hours of sleep that night.  We've been ringing in the new year with the same group of people for at least the last 10 years...and it's always a good time!

She was sleeping within minutes after the car ride started...


Yesterday, we had Christmas with Grandma Deb, Grandpa Whitey, Scott's uncle Tom, and Scott's brother Tim.  It was another nice, relaxing family celebration, and the kids got some amazing gifts.  These are two lucky little ones, that's for sure!  Lots of fun new toys/clothes for the holidays this year!

Now it's back to the post-holidays reality...lots of work to do, but we have fun things planned that we can look forward to.  Plus, lots of good house projects to finish off this winter and start in the spring.  We're hoping that 2015 is going to be a great year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...