Skip to main content

Next Size, Please!

It's never an easy task to do the "switch up" of clothes to the next size.  Luckily, we've been blessed with a ton of cute hand-me downs from Scott's cousin, and I washed and organized everything into storage tubs with the sizing labeled, etc.  But, it's still a task to get all the old stuff out, and the new stuff arranged.  However, now I can see where we have gaps in clothing (um, shoes!) and shop accordingly for the upcoming year.

I've been putting off this task for a while now...I figure, it's summer...Ava can wear dresses and shorts, and no one could really tell how small her clothes might be getting.  Except for her! It got to the point where she'd ask our daycare provider to check the sizing on her clothes, and if Debi told her it was 3T, Ava wasn't happy with it.  And then Ava started giving me a hard time about putting her in clothes (even though they really did still fit ok!) that had a 3T label.

So, this past Friday we didn't have daycare, and while Ava was occupied watching "Fireman Sam" (again) on the iPad, I got this task all taken care of.  Good grief, that girl has a TON of clothes!  It's ridiculous!  And when I did a count of her inherited 4T jeans, she has at least 15 pairs. This kid has more clothes than I do!  Crazy!

Oh, that Fireman Sam saves the day again!


Ava fell in love with this vest instantly, and didn't want to take it off.



The growing pile of clothes.  Inside her room is the outgoing 3T's...and the trail outside her door is the new 4T stuff.



This morning we went out to brunch in Woodbury, and Scott put Ava in a new pair of 4T jeans. Her comment?  "MOM!  These are too long!"  I will never win.  Never.

Comments

Lisa said…
I just went through all of the boys' clothes too. Shoes and pants are what we are missing! (Well, for D anyway- J is set). Can you believe how fast they grow??

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...