Skip to main content

Long Summer Days

I'm having a hard time believing it's going to be August next week.  August?  When did that happen??  It seems like this summer has flown by, but I don't feel like we've done a ton of really fun things.  It feels like it's been a lot of...work.  Lots and lots of work for both Scott and me this year.  And not nearly enough fun!  I can't believe we haven't even gone swimming with Ava yet!

Ok, enough of that.  Time for a change!

Yesterday, Ava and I helped celebrate her friend Kelsi's 5th birthday.  Kelsi's mom (Amy) and I have been friends for 12 years, so it's been fun having girls so close together in age.  Kelsi's party was at the Edinborough Play Park in Edina, which is an indoor park with a monster piece of playground equipment, plus a swimming pool, and a huge room where kids can run and work out their endless supply of energy.  It's a pretty cool place!

The kids played for about an hour, then settled down for BLUE Brave-themed cupcakes, and a quick present opening...and then back to playing!  It's a great idea for a party, and fun for both the kids and the parents.

Hanging out in the toddler area...this is the last year for that, Ava!  Next year, you're too old!



What's up the tree?


She circled this trunk so many times, it made ME dizzy!


Wheeling around the big room!



Time for treats!  (Kelsi, the birthday girl, is the one looking right at the camera)


Kelsi's little sister, Kourtney


Brett was having some issues lighting the #5 candle!


The blue-tongued girl (Sydney) next to Ava made me laugh!


It's like she was wearing blue lipstick...


Gift opening time! Lots of cool things for Kelsi!


After we finished up with the birthday party, Ava spent the remainder of the day and evening with Grandma Deb and Grandpa Whitey.  They went to a fun car show in Farmington, and it sounds like Ava got her face painted...with a pretty butterfly!

Scott and I took advantage of the free night and went on a date.  We had dinner in Woodbury, and then went to a few local bars.  We ended the night at a bar on the Mississippi River, overlooking a marina.  It was really low-key, which was the perfect end for a busy day.

Ava came back home this morning, and couldn't wait to watch Fireman Sam on my iPad.  I found myself humming the Fireman Sam song this afternoon, and have decided I need a break from our "hero next door!"


She loved her Ring Pop (thanks, Kelsi!)  (And look at those pretty earrings!)


Scott smoked a full turkey today, and we had an excellent family dinner.  Everyone is now in bed, and it's somewhat quiet. :)  I'm getting ready to read for a bit, and will be enjoying the solitude.  We both have busy weeks coming up, and I'm already cringing at the thought of all of my meetings I have - I think for tomorrow, I'm already scheduled in FOUR hours of meetings.  When can I get my work done?  Sigh.  Oh well, this too shall pass! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...