Skip to main content

Happy Thanksgiving!

Another great holiday can go into the books!  We've had an excellent weekend...started off by a great Thanksgiving gathering at Grandma Deb and Grandpa Whitey's house.  Lots of good family time spent - and wonderful food, too!  Since the weather was unseasonably nice, the girls also got to spend some time outdoors playing.  With how late our summer started this year (late June), it's amazing that the MN true winter hasn't hit yet...  I, for one, am very thankful that we've had an extended fall, and we're not into the deep freeze yet!

Getting ready to catch the ball from Daddy


Tatiana and Jenna


I know this is blurry, but I love the enthusiasm in this one!


Pondering his next move...


Great-Grandma Addy, Tatiana, Jenna, Ava and Savante (and Santa!)


Jenna eating nicely with a fork, Ava eating piggy with her fingers.  Sigh.


Tatiana smiling pretty for the camera!  What does Jenna see on her fork??


In addition to turkey day, I also managed to get about 75% of our Christmas shopping done (late Friday afternoon - I'm not one to get up and shop at midnight!) and we even decorated the tree/house for Christmas! Compared to how far behind I felt last year, this feels amazing that we're at this point already.

Last night our good friends, the Winfields, came to town, so we met them for dinner at B-52s in Inver Grove Heights, and then they all came back to our house for a bit. The girls had a blast playing, and I think the dogs were a little confused by all of the high-pitch squealing that was taking place. All I can say, puppies, is you better get used to it...it's just going to get louder and louder!

Even today has been busy - we spent far too long this morning shopping for a linen closet door. I'm pretty sure my eyes were glazed over, one hour into it. Happily, we brought one home, and my dear husband is staining it right now. The bathroom remodel project will be wrapping up soon! Our goal is to put the house on the market early next year, so we can move into a different neighborhood and a larger house. We can only hope the market is kind to us, so we can move on this quickly!

Many things to be thankful for this week/month/year.  Sometimes it takes a big change in life to shake things up, so one can refocus the energies on other areas.  Lessons learned are my biggest blessing right now - no matter how hard they have been!

Hope your Thanksgiving was filled with great moments!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...