Skip to main content

"Three, Four, Five...Five...Five..."

Well, we've had a big week at the Goers' house - not only did Ava go an entire week with ZERO time outs at daycare (hooray!), we've also seen her vocabulary explode. She's started attempting to say her ABC's, as well as counting with the pre-school kids. She seems to like skipping over "one" and "two", and going straight into "three, four, five"...with "five" being the repeat winner. Over and over and over. Every once in a while we might get a "six" and a "seven". In fact, the other night, she sat in her crib and counted to herself for 30 minutes. I guess it really IS exciting learning something new!

She's also been repeating words as we've been talking to her, so now she's saying "please" with a little prompting. And "shoe"...I should really get her to try to work on saying "purse" and then "Coach purse, please, Dada?" :) And the other night at the dinner table, I would point to Scott, and say "Dada," which she would happily repeat, smile, and clap. Scott would do the same for me, and she would respond with "No." Ouch. No claps, no smiles, nothing, except for "No." Eventually we got a whole bunch of "Mamas" out of her, but man, it was like pulling teeth. Am I seeing a glimpse of the future when she's 13???

I love the serious expression on her face here.

Scott, Ava, and Darla were goofing around on our bed the other night. I don't know if you can see Darla's eyes in this picture but they are bright red...it looks like she's lurking in the background waiting to attack Ava.



Ava was giving Darla all sorts of love and hugs...


Spanky ran under the bed so he wouldn't have to join in the fun.


I bought a jug of Mr. Bubbles so our bubble count is now way higher than it usually is...more for Ava to eat!


We went back to the Kaposia playground tonight, where Ava not only matched the equipment, but she attempted to climb up the slide. She became incredibly frustrated, so we helped her along the way.




Scott was having fun, too! Notice Ava in the background picking up a Slurpee cup. I was able to grab it from her before she could drink from it. Yuck! Hello people, there's a trash not more than 20 feet away!


I also tried to join in the fun, but they hurt my hands! :)


And Ava decided it was time to go, so she made a run for the baseball field.


Once we got home and gave her a bath, she passed out so quickly. I love what the fresh air does to her! I don't know what we're going to do this winter!

Comments

Megan said…
She can count, she is doing abc's...but has she said "damn it dee" yet? :)
Lisa said…
I love that photo of Scott on the playground and Ava doing her own thing in the background!

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...