Skip to main content

Bummin' Around the House

Ava's been such a smiley girl lately, so I wanted to capture some of our evening moments together...

At dinner one night, I took a ton of video of her, but it's mostly stuff to amuse us as the parents - it would probably bore everyone else!


She's loved climbing on the furniture lately - when I look at these, it makes me realize what a big girl she's becoming.

I love the crossed legs in this one!


I've said it before, and I'll say it a million more times...Darla is the most patient dog. Scott thought it would be funny to have her wear Ava's toy. Silly Scott.


Ava's got several molars coming in...as Scott was feeling around for them tonight, she showed him exactly how sharp and strong they are. Guess Daddy won't be doing that again any time soon!

Comments

Lisa said…
Love the laid back, crossed legs look! She's had a tough day, she's taking it easy. So cute!
So cute! She is getting so big, a little lady already. Owen is getting molars too. I feel so bad for them; it has to be painful. Tell Scott I sympathize with him because Owen too chopped down on my shoulder the other day and I still have the teeth marks to show for it. It hurt SO bad!! We have a little biter on our hands.

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...