Skip to main content

The Bold North!

Welcome to the #boldnorth! I'm very happy that the weather in Minnesota has pulled through and exhibited everything that this part of the country has to offer during the winter. Yesterday, it snowed pretty much all day, and today, it's sunny, with bright blue skies, and -3 degrees, with a windchill of -22. With all of the out-of-state visitors here for the Superbowl, I didn't want Mother Nature to wimp out and produce a lovely 35 degree winter day...it's cold up here, and now people know it! Ha!

In any case, the game will be on, but I bet we will be paying more attention to the Puppy Bowl, the commercials, and JT's halftime show. I guess I hope the Pats win, so those nasty Eagles fans don't tear up our beautiful town. They can pack up and head back home as quickly as possible...without punching any people or police horses, preferably.

This was my football donut on the day the Vikes barely showed up to play the Eagles a few weeks back...I still think it's cute!



But, there's much more going on around here than just football! I took last week off of posting because I was heading up to Montreal on Sunday, and there wasn't enough time to get it all done. There's a reason that weekends need to be two days long! Small world though, I ran into several of my coworkers at the airport, so at least I had people to talk to while waiting to board. And then, I saw our friend Darren walking through the airport (he was coming back from Texas), so flagged him down for a brief chat. It was the most fun I've ever had while waiting for a flight to depart.

I also enjoyed a $16 Bloody Mary while waiting...yum! And yikes!


I flew to Chicago to pick up another coworker, and then we turned north to head into Canada. We had a very productive work trip, ate a lot of food, and traveled way too much in the three day period. We had a very long layover in Toronto on our return, which was good, because we experienced a syrup incident in security. I was an innocent bystander, but it delayed our efficiency a bit.

Hello, Air Canada!


View from my hotel room


Montreal is a lovely town, but I prefer to visit in the summer. In the winter, it's super cold (and it's all in Celsius, so I honestly have no idea how cold it really was) and damp (we were in downtown, close to the St Lawrence River.) But, it's Canada, so people are still very nice and polite.  I won't lie, though, I was pretty darn happy to see the US flag when we entered US Customs and Immigration in Toronto. Homeward bound!

Scott, the kids, the dog, and the house managed to survive without me, but I think it's safe to say that everyone was happy when I came home. Plus, I brought some edible Canadian treats, so...yeah!


Ava is kicking butt in her recorder karate for music class...she just earned her yellow belt/bead and a perfect score of 4. We had fun yesterday playing on a piano app so Ava could learn the tune of her next song. She's going for her orange belt/bead next!

G is still pooping his pants. He told me yesterday that he forgot where the toilet was. Lies! We didn't move any of our toilets yesterday, so he was just being super lazy and decided the toilet was his pants. As a past punishment, we have taken away his favorite stuffed animal, Puppy. As a twist on things yesterday, I decided to give his Puppy to Ava to take care of. He did NOT like that, at all. Ava has decided to make Puppy a girl, and has built a new room for Puppina (the new name), and secured a new wardrobe for Puppina to wear. G is mad about all of this, so I'm using this as an incentive to get him to remember where the toilets are, and then actually use them. Ha, take that, little man!



My coworker gave G a TMNT hat and he loves it! 

Side note: "Puppina" is in the below pic and when G just saw the pic, he commented that he promises not to have any accidents today so he can get Puppy back


We're getting ready for our upcoming trip to Florida to visit Grandma Deb and Grandpa Whitey. We're super excited to enjoy some weather warmer, a famous mouse, and see the ocean. Both kids are very excited to go on a plane. They will both have their Kindles and earphones, so I'm hoping that we have a quiet, easy flight. The next blog entry will be post-Florida, so I'm sure we'll have some fun stories and pics to share!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se

26 Hours in a Day

Just yesterday morning, I was thinking to myself that I could really use a few more hours each day.  We don't sleep a whole lot, both work long hours at our jobs, try to play with Ava as much as we can at night and on the weekends, and then we have to do all of the adult-stuff...paying bills, grocery shopping, cleaning, work on side jobs, house projects, etc.  If there were only 26 hours in a day, we could: *Sleep just an extra 30 minutes - we need it since the dogs have been waking us up each weekend day at 5:30am.  What could be SO urgent that they need to get us up then?!?  You'd think we only feed them once a week, or something. *Spend an extra hour with Ava...we could go to the park every night, take an extra long bath, read a few extra stories, and just enjoy the giggles and chattiness. *Take 30 minutes to talk to each other about how things are going.  With Scott leaving for work each day before 5am, and then all of the craziness that ensues when I get home at nigh