Skip to main content

Family Fun Time!

We've had so much family fun time this weekend so far, and it's not over yet! 

Ava's before-school program hosted an "annual campaign thank you" event on Friday night...pizza and dodgeball!  As soon as we got to the school, Ava saw one of her friends playing, and jumped right into the game.  I wasn't sure if she understood the rules of the game, and I'm thinking I might be right - or she might be playing the system.  At one point, I saw that she was hoarding three balls so no one else could throw them.  It was total chaos, with the parents playing against the kids, and to be honest, I'm not sure who won.  I swear, there were hundred of kids, and maybe 10 adults.  Those kids had some serious skills!  Scott and I decided to stay out of the game, and protect our little G from being smooshed by flying balls.  And he was quite entranced by all of those colorful balls flying around.  One day, little guy, one day...

When "we" got tired of dodgeball, we snacked on some pizza, and then played with My Little Ponies.  And we even had a chance to catch up with our old neighbors who moved out last summer.  It was a great way to end the week and spend some time together as a family.

Saturday morning started off with beautiful blue skies and warmer temps...both were necessary because Ava and I were doing the Red Pine Color Run!  I was going to bring G with us, but at the last minute, Scott arranged for him to spend a few hours with Grandma Deb and Grandpa Whitey.  I'm not sure how we would've reacted to all of the flying color in the air! 

Our wonderful neighbors picked us up, and we headed up to the school to enjoy the health fair prior to the run.  Ava and Fletch (our neighbor's son) had fun going to all of the booths and collecting the goodies for us.  Fletch even won a free dog wash, and since they don't have a dog, they gave the wash to us...woot!  I was just telling my neighbor that it would be great if they had a self-service dog wash option, and *poof* the lady mentioned that's one of the options.  And THEN, I thought to myself, "if they only trimmed nails, too..." and wouldn't ya know it, the next words out of her mouth were that they also trimmed nails.  It's like the dog wash lady and I were totally connected. ;)  That was the highlight for me!  Ava's new travel toothbrush holder that she won seems to have been her highlight. Ha!

There was also a fire truck and some bouncy houses outside, which the kids both enjoyed. And then we started the BIG EVENT - the 1.5 mile color run!  We saw teal, green, pink and purple, and it was beautiful!  Although, to be honest, after the green, ours turned into a color walk, not a run.  Ava said she was too hungry to run.  Not sure how that's connected, but ok.  At one point we heard "go, go, Goers" behind us, and it was our daycare provider and her husband running, as well.  It's nice to be getting to know people in the area, and recognizing faces at places/events that we attend. 

Fire truck!


We only got mildly coated...there were some people who were covered from top to bottom!



There was a rumor that the color would stay on for three days.  I am pleased to say that one shower (for each of us) and one load of clothes later, we are now back to our original tones, and are no longer splattered with bright peacock colors.

And if THAT wasn't enough family fun time, we all went to Lowes last night to order up the materials for our deck.  1.5 hours later, we are set to start building next weekend!  The kids were so patient, and one of the guys at the counter even said how well-behaved they were (thank goodness for the long aisles so the kids could walk for a bit!)  We topped off the night with a trip to the 5-8 Club for dinner.  G started to melt down near the end of the meal, so Scott took him home, while Ava and I enjoyed a few minutes of quiet and coloring on the menu.  (Obviously, we drove separately, otherwise, how would we have gotten home?) :)

Let's just say I was ready for bed at 9pm last night...I was so completely wiped out!

To cap off family fun weekend, we need to squeeze in a few more events, right??  Ava and I are going to the library this afternoon to check out an art display by kids at her school.  She mentioned that there were some pieces on display from kids in her class, so she's excited to see them!  And then we have a quick trip to my work (I bet Ava will like to see how my new cube moves up and down) and then we're off to meet Scott's sister at an indoor play area for a bit.  G will be hanging with Daddy during this time, so it'll be easier for me to keep an eye on the one very active six year old!

I have a feeling I'll be sleeping really well tonight. ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se

26 Hours in a Day

Just yesterday morning, I was thinking to myself that I could really use a few more hours each day.  We don't sleep a whole lot, both work long hours at our jobs, try to play with Ava as much as we can at night and on the weekends, and then we have to do all of the adult-stuff...paying bills, grocery shopping, cleaning, work on side jobs, house projects, etc.  If there were only 26 hours in a day, we could: *Sleep just an extra 30 minutes - we need it since the dogs have been waking us up each weekend day at 5:30am.  What could be SO urgent that they need to get us up then?!?  You'd think we only feed them once a week, or something. *Spend an extra hour with Ava...we could go to the park every night, take an extra long bath, read a few extra stories, and just enjoy the giggles and chattiness. *Take 30 minutes to talk to each other about how things are going.  With Scott leaving for work each day before 5am, and then all of the craziness that ensues when I get home at nigh