Skip to main content

Leprechauns and Monsters

We've had a great weekend so far...very busy and full of fun events.  Ava and G spent the night at Grandma Deb and Grandpa Whitey's house on Friday night, so Scott and I took advantage of a kid-free night and went on a date!  We finally saw Kingsman (loved it, but caused me to have violent dreams that night) and then stopped at a local bar on the way home.

The bar had some drunk people at it (surprise!) who were super loud (surprise again!!) so we only stayed for about an hour or so.  We were also tired from the work week (surprise x 3!) but it was nice to kick back and relax before heading home and going to bed.  I don't recall the last time I was actually in bed (and not on the couch) by 11pm on a Friday night.  But, we both woke up rested yesterday morning, and ready to face the day.

Scott worked all day yesterday, and I had plans to meet up with some friends to partake in the Everybody's Irish 5K around Lake Calhoun in Minneapolis.  Either the 5Ks are getting shorter, or the distance just isn't a big deal anymore, because the trek around the lake seemed to fly by.  Granted, it was a gorgeous day, so it was a blessing to be able to spend it outside, with friends, catching up on things.  We've already got a few more 5Ks lined up that we're planning on doing in 2015!

Jess - Dee - Amy E - Amy S


After the race, I headed to McD to get a Shamrock shake...it was SO good.  Gotta get one while it's here!  And then I might have bought a Happy Meal for lunch. ;)  I then went and picked up Ava and G, and had a chance to visit with Deb and Whitey for a bit, and enjoy the sun a bit more, while sitting out on their deck.

G was super tired, and kept trying to take a nap while on the deck, so once he got home, he went down for a nap.  Kinda.  His newest thing it to pull out all of the books on the shelf closest to him, and make a library in his crib.  Last night I got smart, and didn't put the books back on the shelf, but on the floor instead.  No sooner than I put him in his crib, his little hand was trying to reach around and find the books, but alas, there were none there!  I gave him a monkey and an alien to hold instead, and those seemed to suffice.  Books don't make good cuddle buddies!

Someone found the inside of his nose.  Yay.


Ava had a really cool Monster High themed birthday party to go to yesterday, so I dropped her off, while G was finishing up the longest nap ever (Scott had to stop working for 20 minutes to come home, while I was gone.)  As soon as we walked through the door, a few of Ava's classmates gave her huge hugs (and I heard her say to herself, "Why do they do that?"  I get it, as I felt the same way about hugs when I was younger, too.)  Ava got to pick out a decorated pink tee, a cute button, and then we signed her into Ghoul School, and away she went to partay! 

I came home and worked on Scott's business financials...so, chances are good that Ava had more fun than I did, but that's ok.  I was productive!  When I picked her up, instead of a houseful of little girls, there were a bunch of little monsters!  Spectra (from MH) paid them all a visit and made them look absolutely ghoulish!  They had their faces painted, and their claws done.  And Ava won the dance contest (yay) but then forgot her prize at their house (boo.)  I'm just super thrilled that they all had such a good time, and am now starting to think about what we could do for Ava's 7th birthday in June.  I'm leaning towards renting the clubhouse and pool in our neighborhood, but man, I don't want to be responsible for kids in the water!







Today should be a great day around the house...Scott's grocery shopping right now, and I've got a Mary Kay party at the neighbor's house later this afternoon.  It doesn't look particularly sunny right now, so I'm glad we were able to get in some good outdoor time yesterday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se

Last Week of School & Work 2023!

We just wrapped up the final school and work (for Dee) week of 2023! The kids both had spirit week/dress up days this past week, and there were fun parties for G, and a holiday assembly for Ava. Kirk Cousins (Vikings QB) was the surprise guest speaker at RHS this week. Ava doesn't really follow football, so when she texted me a few pics during the assembly, she said "The one guy is here. Football" Hahahaha! She mentioned she heard a rumor that SpongeBob was going to be there, but alas, just a pro football player. What a neat surprise for the kids (except for Ava, lol) I had a few fun events this past week, as well. We had a happy hour/celebration for a completed project at work on Tuesday night, and then my neighbors/book club headed out to the local winery for a cookie decorating event on Thursday evening. I'm happy we don't have a full calendar next week! Swimming was unexpectedly cancelled on Monday, which was A-OK with us. G has some congestion, so I was going