Skip to main content

A Peaceful Time

It was a good week.  A really good one. On Tuesday night, I had a chance to reconnect with an old friend, and get a really good pedicure, all at the same time.  Two birds, one stone, I say!

On Wednesday night, we had Ava's 1st grade conferences, and really enjoyed hearing about how well she is doing in school.  It was fun hearing about the lessons they are learning, and also about all of the friends that Ava has made this year.  The best thing that I heard was that Ava's class has really melded together well, and Ava is great at playing with all different groups of people...yeah!

And then on Thursday night, Scott took Ava to Gander Mountain to prep for deer opener this weekend, and I took G to get his first haircut.  It's pretty clear that the daddy-daughter combo had significantly less tears than the mommy-son one.  Although, the woman who cut G's hair said he did really well compared to other kids.  I do think he did better than Ava did at her first haircut (it was like she was being tortured) but it was still not his finest moment!  The end result was adorable though.  He looks like such a little man now...so handsome!

Looking pretty unsure about things...



The horror!


Happier now that it's done...


Early on Friday morning we got the news that we didn't have daycare, so we had to do a quick rearranging of our schedules.  Scott had been planning on heading out of town at noon, but I have been really busy at work, and had a major deliverable due.  In the end, Scott was able to hit the road at 1pm, and I was able to work from home, so no complaints here!

Ava has been with Grandma Deb and Grandpa Whitey since Friday after school, so G and I have had some really good quality time together.  We've had fun playing with all of his new toys, and just hanging out together.  For a while on Saturday night, he just hung out on my lap, watching Clueless with me.  He was so relaxed and calm...love that little guy!


He always has to have something in each hand...in this case, two balls.  He does amazingly well at crawling with them!



Trying so hard to get Darla to play with him...


I laughed a bit when I realized that my dinner (squash bisque) and G's dinner (sweet potatoes) looked almost identical...


I didn't have any plans this weekend, and it has been the best weekend I've had in a while.  I saw something on Facebook that I really liked: Stop the glorification of busy.  While it's fun to get together with friends and family, and have lots of activities to look forward to, I realized that I definitely need my own time to get caught up with things, and not feel so rushed and behind all the time.

I was able to get all of Ava's old clothes put into storage, and ready to give to some friends.  And I cannot believe how many clothes this little girl has...what were we thinking when we stocked her wardrobe?!

All of the clothes on the left are size 5, and the clothes on the right are size 4...good grief!


It's just been awesome to cross so many things off of my to-do list.  We've only got one thing planned for Sunday...G's one-year photos!  It'll be nice to start the work week not feeling all rushed and frazzled! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se

26 Hours in a Day

Just yesterday morning, I was thinking to myself that I could really use a few more hours each day.  We don't sleep a whole lot, both work long hours at our jobs, try to play with Ava as much as we can at night and on the weekends, and then we have to do all of the adult-stuff...paying bills, grocery shopping, cleaning, work on side jobs, house projects, etc.  If there were only 26 hours in a day, we could: *Sleep just an extra 30 minutes - we need it since the dogs have been waking us up each weekend day at 5:30am.  What could be SO urgent that they need to get us up then?!?  You'd think we only feed them once a week, or something. *Spend an extra hour with Ava...we could go to the park every night, take an extra long bath, read a few extra stories, and just enjoy the giggles and chattiness. *Take 30 minutes to talk to each other about how things are going.  With Scott leaving for work each day before 5am, and then all of the craziness that ensues when I get home at nigh