Skip to main content

Locking it IN!

YES!!  We were able to lock in our interest rates this week, as we are estimated to be within 60 days of closing on our house!  We're cutting it really close, so we're still checking to see if the builder can do anything to cut off some time (without compromising quality.)  The bank initially told us a November 10 close date, and I just snorted...because, of course, my due date is November 9.  So...we'll see how it all plays out!

We stopped by the house this morning, and as we were walking around the front, the next door neighbor to the west came out and introduced herself.  She and her husband both work for the U, and they have a cute little 6-month boy named Paul.  She (Amanda) was telling us about the neighborhood, and was just so easy and fun to talk to.  They've lived there for a few years now and really like the neighborhood.  It reaffirms that we made a good decision in choosing that neighborhood!

We've been trying to buy new items for the house over the course of the summer, so we're not hit with a huge expense once we move in.  I just finished buying the last items we need for the kids' bathroom - never thought I'd get so excited about picking out fun towels. :)  We're going to focus on window coverings next, as we'll definitely want to get those up quickly.  Things are coming together nicely!

We've got siding on the back, the east, most of the west, and now they're working on the front!


 
The biggest thing I noticed inside was that the ceilings are now finished...

 
Inquiring about the location of her smoke alarm (no, it's not right there...)

 
Ava was pretending to wash her hair in the bathroom - silly!

 
Our finished tray vault ceiling...love it!

 
Scott was hunting this weekend down in Grand Meadow (at the Winfield's) so Ava and I joined the fun (NOT hunting) yesterday afternoon.  We met up with Tiff, Isabel and Evy, spent some time at the playground, enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then got to hang out with some more friends later into the evening.  I actually managed to stay awake until almost 11, which is unheard of when I go to their house! :)  Ava and Isabel had a good time, for the most part...although, they fought a bit more this time, and there was much more drama than usual.  It's hard being 5, I guess...
 
Regardless, I always love catching up with Tiff, and seeing what's new with them - I still wish they lived closer!
 
Isabel chasing Ava...
 
 
Brave girl!

 
Once we got home today, Ava met up with the neighbor girl and played with her for several hours this afternoon.  I'd say that Ava had a pretty awesome day!  We did work on some homework after dinner and read a few books, but I'm pretty sure she fell asleep within minutes of going to bed.  It's not even 9pm, and I'm the only one awake in the house! :)
 
Baby Update:  he's doing great...strong heartbeat and moving as much as he can, given his space is getting smaller!  My numbers look good, so we're right on track for things.  I have a feeling he'll be here a bit early, but I'm hoping not really early...I still have a lot to do to finish getting ready for his arrival!
 
Such cute little shoes!  My friend Emilie's sister just had a baby and they had lots of extra shoes so they sent Em home with a pair for our little guy. :)
 
 
Time to try to sneak in a bit of work before tomorrow...although I'd much rather watch a movie and then go to bed. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se

Last Week of School & Work 2023!

We just wrapped up the final school and work (for Dee) week of 2023! The kids both had spirit week/dress up days this past week, and there were fun parties for G, and a holiday assembly for Ava. Kirk Cousins (Vikings QB) was the surprise guest speaker at RHS this week. Ava doesn't really follow football, so when she texted me a few pics during the assembly, she said "The one guy is here. Football" Hahahaha! She mentioned she heard a rumor that SpongeBob was going to be there, but alas, just a pro football player. What a neat surprise for the kids (except for Ava, lol) I had a few fun events this past week, as well. We had a happy hour/celebration for a completed project at work on Tuesday night, and then my neighbors/book club headed out to the local winery for a cookie decorating event on Thursday evening. I'm happy we don't have a full calendar next week! Swimming was unexpectedly cancelled on Monday, which was A-OK with us. G has some congestion, so I was going