Skip to main content

We Go to Fargo!

August has been such a busy month...it's not surprising that the time has flown by so quickly, but at the same time, I can't believe it's almost September!  I'm catching up a bit on pics from this past month...

The first trip Ava and I took was a journey up to Fargo.  We rode up with my friend Emilie, and visited her roommate from college, Sheri.  Sheri also had her 5-year old niece, Piper, for a portion of the weekend, so we were hoping the two little girls would have lots to talk about.  But, not so much...for as outgoing and chatty as Ava is, Piper was the exact opposite.  Ava worked pretty hard each day at getting Piper to talk to her.  By both evenings, she was successful, and then the two little girls giggled and whispered non-stop. It was pretty cute to watch, once they got going!

Hitting the road!

 
Ava's second mom on the trip :)

 
Ava and Piper, slowly getting to know each other

 
Davies Pool is AWESOME, and the perfect place to spend a sunny Saturday in Fargo!



 
Enjoying the great weather with dinner outside

 
One last trip to the playground before the long drive back to the Cities


 
Sheri was very sweet and rode down the slide with Ava

 
This was too funny to watch...

 
The five girls!

 
And..the adult ones!

 
If looks could kill...smile, girls!

 
Exhausted on the ride home (and no, I didn't let her stay sleeping like that!)

 
In addition to the trip to Fargo, we've been living our summer life, too.  Here are a few random pics from the last few weeks.

She's so sweet (and not sassy) when she's sleeping!

 
Pirate Day at Maple Tree!

 
Hats & Shades Day at Maple Tree

 
Wacky Hair Day (the next morning, her hair was nice and wavy!)
 
 
Princess Day at Maple Tree

 
And...her last day at Maple Tree. :(  Pre-school and summer camp are officially done for Miss Ava.  Next stop...Kindergarten!


 
Miss Julia and Ava

 
Oh, we also fit in a wedding at a beautiful golf course in Prior Lake

 
And, today I went to the State Fair with Em. Those would be deep fried green olives on a stick...!  It was HOT there, but we took many breaks, drank lots of water, and took it easy (at one point I said that it felt like everything was moving in slow motion due to the heat.)  Scott and I will be going back there at some point in the next week...I didn't get all my regular foods consumed, so I'm glad to have a second chance to eat more this year!

 
We also drove to Rosemount to check on the house...the windows are in, the roof is shingled, and we even have some plumbing in place.  Never mind that broken window in the 2nd floor - it will be replaced!
 
 
Fireplace!

 
Ava's room - and you can see the bathtub has been installed in the far left background.  Yeah!

 
We found out that the rental we are in is scheduled to go into foreclosure in early October (Scott got the paperwork from the sheriff this past week.)  At the same time, we also found out that the house has sold, and the closing date will be in earlier October...so, still not sure what all this means for us, but I'm hopeful that we'll be able to continue through our lease end, and extend by a month, if needed.  Just ready for this part of the process to be done...!
 
As for me and Baby Boy...I didn't pass the short gestational diabetes test last week, so I get to go in for the extended version this week.  I'm on a high starch/high sugar diet for the next three days before the test.  Yum, but ugh...at least the State Fair was a great place to go for that!  I was on the low end of "failing" so they don't see any issues with me passing this next version of the test.  My hemoglobin levels are great, so at least I passed that! 
 
One of my friends sent me a box of baby boy clothes (she has two older boys) and as I was going through all of the tiny little clothes, it struck me how odd it was to be surrounded by green/blue/brown outfits, instead of the pink and purple that I'm so used to with Ava's clothing.  I'm excited to meet this little guy, and see how he adds to the dynamic of this family!
 
Next week: Duluth pics! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se

Last Week of School & Work 2023!

We just wrapped up the final school and work (for Dee) week of 2023! The kids both had spirit week/dress up days this past week, and there were fun parties for G, and a holiday assembly for Ava. Kirk Cousins (Vikings QB) was the surprise guest speaker at RHS this week. Ava doesn't really follow football, so when she texted me a few pics during the assembly, she said "The one guy is here. Football" Hahahaha! She mentioned she heard a rumor that SpongeBob was going to be there, but alas, just a pro football player. What a neat surprise for the kids (except for Ava, lol) I had a few fun events this past week, as well. We had a happy hour/celebration for a completed project at work on Tuesday night, and then my neighbors/book club headed out to the local winery for a cookie decorating event on Thursday evening. I'm happy we don't have a full calendar next week! Swimming was unexpectedly cancelled on Monday, which was A-OK with us. G has some congestion, so I was going