Skip to main content

Isabel's Second Birthday!

This past weekend Scott, Ava and I drove down to Grand Meadow to celebate Isabel's second birthday. We hadn't been down there since June, so it was a great trip for us to catch up on everything. Isabel and Ava had so much fun together...it's amazing what a difference 8 months in age makes. Overall, they played really well together, although it was a constant struggle on who was going to push the toy strollers (thank goodness there were two!), and also to push the mini shopping cart (think Barbie-sized...)

I think my favorite moment, however, was when Isabel came over to me with a dirty diaper, wanting to be changed. She laid down on the floor in front of me. Maybe 10 seconds later, Ava came over and laid down behind Isabel, copying her exact position with her legs in the air too! I think Isabel would be a GREAT influence on Ava!!

The birthday party was very fun, and Isabel received all sorts of neat gifts...Ava was completely taken with the tea set, and was carrying around the tea pot and cup for most of the party. I'm thinking ahead for Ava's next birthday...!

Saturday afternoon we carved pumpkins while Scott was bow hunting (side note: he got a deer, and we had to bring it back with us.  In my car.  Ok, in the trunk, but still...yuck!)





No, Ava didn't carve this one, even though it does look like a child did it...that would be my handiwork!



After a while, Isabel got bored with the pumpkins and was eating Cheetos and playing with her doctor kit instead.





During the evening, they both managed to get a piece of bread, some more Cheetos, and somehow Isabel lost her pants!  I can't believe Isabel folded herself up so small to get into the toy playpen!  Ava looks HUGE next to her!











Finally, it was bedtime...Ava was ready to zonk out, but Isabel still had some energy left in her.  She saw Ava on the video monitor and watched her for a little bit...that was super cute!







Megan and Erik also happened to be in the area, so we had a little "Wednesday Night" reunion after both kids were in bed.  It was great!  Now that we all live at least an hour apart, we don't get to see each other too much.  And Megan and Erik are expecting their first baby in February, so both Isabel and Ava will have a new little one to show the ropes to!

Happy Halloween to you and your family!

Comments

Megan said…
Wow, you really went all out with the posts. I didn't even realize there were multiple ones til i came back stalking again.

Isabel's hair is so long! She looks so grown up. I love the picture of her in the little crib too. It looks like they had lots of fun together!! If we have a girl it could complete the trio. Although if its a boy, I'm not sure how much we'll want to hang around all 3 men - they might teach him bad things...haha
Lisa said…
Isabel is getting so big! And I still like your pumpkin- even if it looks child-like!

Popular posts from this blog

Bricks and Birthdays

Last Sunday, G and I headed off to the Minneapolis Brick Convention to see everything LEGOs! Ever since I bought the tickets, months ago, he couldn't wait to check it out. I was so happy that it was held at a location not too far from home, because it was snowing as we were driving there. Overall, it was a pretty neat experience. There were some amazing brick creations, and of course there was an opportunity to buy LEGO pieces! G has been on a 1980's spaceman kick, so he ended up getting Benny, the blue spaceman (from The LEGO movie), as well as Jenny, the white space(wo)man, as well. Once he had those two new pieces in hand, he was able to focus more on all of the cool builds they had displayed in the convention. It was pretty crowded, so after we were done, I was quite happy to get out of the building into a quiet car. More and more, I'm hitting my limit of "peopling" at an earlier point during each crowded event I go to. But, I did it for G, and he loved it! (I

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se