Skip to main content

Where's Silent Bob?

What a super busy week - it just flew by! There were so many appointments and errands to run, not to mention work, school, and daycare...wow!

Speaking of errands...we were shopping for basement lighting last night, and Ava found a light with my name. Sure, I can't ever get a ready-made personalized magnet or mug due to my unique name, but I could get a light if I wanted one. Except...it is really, really ugly...not a pretty, bright sparkly one. This one looks like it would be found in a dusty attic, with cobwebs and spiders all over it. Maybe the spiders think it's appealing?


Ava successfully tested for her "pink bead" on her recorder, and it sounds like real music...not just squeaks and squawks coming from a piece of plastic. I need to take in our borrowed trumpet to make sure it's ok to play for 5th grade band. Soon it'll be great to see/hear how brass music comes to life at the hands of Ava!

Ava also let me take her in for her twice yearly haircut...with long hair like hers, months go by without noticing how long it's getting, so we finally noticed it was time for a trim. She had them cut off 3-4 inches, and asked if next time she could have her hair dyed. The answer to that question three years ago was NO, and it's still NO. I suppose I could ask what color she's interested in... last time she wanted it to be dyed black, like Snow White's hair. She's not into princesses as much anymore, so I'm sure it'd be something more vibrant.

Yep, just asked her. Her color of choice now is teal. So, the answer is still NO, even though teal is a pretty color. Ahhh, she's growing up so fast.

She was excited to wear the new hat that Scott got from Snap-On...both Scott and I think she looks like Jay (missing Silent Bob) with the hat, hair, and tank top. If you don't know what this means, ask your friend Google...


G also had a good (and less colorful) week...Grandma Karen and Grandpa Doug joined him for breakfast on Thursday morning, and it sounds like he was a very good host. I know he loves having people join him for meals...in fact, he told me he wants someone to come with him every day for breakfast. If only, buddy!

I was very proud of him this week...they were learning about the letter "U". We don't have many toys that begin with the letter "U" so he decided, on his own, that he was going to bring his truck, because the third letter of the word was "u". I was so impressed that he knew the spelling that I told him he could bring it as long as he spelled the word "truck" for all of his friends. He's big into sounding words out now and always wants to know how things are spelled. I love seeing his mind developing like this - it's amazing!

G and I have a day date planned for next Friday (he doesn't have daycare since it's Good Friday) so guess who else will be getting his haircut? I assume there won't be any requests to color his hair...! We're also going to live it up by going to the DMV to renew my license. Watch out, kid, fun times ahead!

Having fun driving the sausage car that Scott made for him...sausage, fruit loops, and toothpicks...simple and fun!


On a sad note, I was informed on Friday evening that my first boyfriend from high school was found dead earlier in the month. He and I had lost touch with each other over the years, but I knew he had been facing struggles in his life. I pray that his last moments were painless and that he is now finally at peace. He was one of the most kind and generous people that I had ever dated...he treated me like a princess. The world lost a good man this month!

Always give hugs and love to your friends and family...you never know when it may be the last time you see them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se

26 Hours in a Day

Just yesterday morning, I was thinking to myself that I could really use a few more hours each day.  We don't sleep a whole lot, both work long hours at our jobs, try to play with Ava as much as we can at night and on the weekends, and then we have to do all of the adult-stuff...paying bills, grocery shopping, cleaning, work on side jobs, house projects, etc.  If there were only 26 hours in a day, we could: *Sleep just an extra 30 minutes - we need it since the dogs have been waking us up each weekend day at 5:30am.  What could be SO urgent that they need to get us up then?!?  You'd think we only feed them once a week, or something. *Spend an extra hour with Ava...we could go to the park every night, take an extra long bath, read a few extra stories, and just enjoy the giggles and chattiness. *Take 30 minutes to talk to each other about how things are going.  With Scott leaving for work each day before 5am, and then all of the craziness that ensues when I get home at nigh