Skip to main content

Sweet family moments

This will probably be the last blog entry before Scott and I go to Mexico. I've been busy all week making sure that Ava will have everything she needs while she is at Grandma Deb's. At least my organizational skills are being put to good use! Scott and I were talking about how much we're going to miss Ava while we're gone. BUT, I do think it will be a wonderful thing for us to spend some adult time together.

Tonight the three of us (and Lucky) laid on our bed, and just spent some good time together. Ava and I were both laying on Scott's chest, and Ava kept poking at my face, and pulling on my hair. Scott was tickling her, and I was making faces at her, and she was just giggling away. It was really sweet, and I'm sure it'll be a memory I hold onto for a very long time.

A few nights ago, Scott trapped Ava on the couch, so I had to take some pics. Ava isn't quite looking at the camera in the 1st one, but Scott is. And he's bigger, so he wins. :) As for the 2nd pic - I know it's out of focus, but the expression on her face, and that hair!, were just too cute not to post.

Speaking of family time, it's time for me to crawl off into bed, and keep those beagles and hubby warm. Next time you hear from us, we should be well-rested, tan, and relaxed. :)

Good night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...