Skip to main content

Fall Family Fun!

A few weekends ago, we visited a new-to-us apple orchard in Lakeville.  I don't think anything will ever top the Afton Apple Orchard with the tire mountain, petting zoo, and tons of fun kids things...but this one had a big play set, a tractor hayride, and a TON of apples to be picked.  I think it's safe to say that we'll go back there in the future!  Plus, we managed to be outside during the beautiful morning hours, so we had nothing but sun while we were outside!







Interesting frost ring...didn't change the delicious flavor!






Relaxing after a long day of picking apples...


This past Friday we had family fun night where we each made our own pizzas and then put together an "I Spy" puzzle.  Thank goodness for Scott because Ava and I were doing pretty badly at finding the items in the picture!

I like this...G was sticking his tongue out while running



Yesterday I tried something new...glass fusing!  My neighbor planned a girls outing to an art studio in Minneapolis.  We learned all about glass, and had the chance to make our own projects.  And, I only cut myself once!  The one on the right is going to be a dish for the kids' bathroom (note the "A" and the "G" on the tiles...all made out of glass!) And the larger one on the left will be a tray for the office.  It was so neat to see how everyone came up with different ideas.  I think if I was to do this again, I would come with a plan on what I wanted to make.  I'm so excited to see how they turn out once they're done in the kiln.


And...a few random photos from the last few weeks...

Oktoberfest bonfire at work, plus beer, Bavarian food, and good company!


I like the way our front porch ended up looking this summer...needed to take a pic to remember it for next year


G was very insistent at getting a coaster for his milk.  He noticed that my wine glass didn't have one, so he quickly fixed that.


My girl :)


This morning we're off to take family pics with Grandma Deb, Grandpa Whitey and Tim.  Hopefully the kids hold it together so we can get some great pics!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se

Last Week of School & Work 2023!

We just wrapped up the final school and work (for Dee) week of 2023! The kids both had spirit week/dress up days this past week, and there were fun parties for G, and a holiday assembly for Ava. Kirk Cousins (Vikings QB) was the surprise guest speaker at RHS this week. Ava doesn't really follow football, so when she texted me a few pics during the assembly, she said "The one guy is here. Football" Hahahaha! She mentioned she heard a rumor that SpongeBob was going to be there, but alas, just a pro football player. What a neat surprise for the kids (except for Ava, lol) I had a few fun events this past week, as well. We had a happy hour/celebration for a completed project at work on Tuesday night, and then my neighbors/book club headed out to the local winery for a cookie decorating event on Thursday evening. I'm happy we don't have a full calendar next week! Swimming was unexpectedly cancelled on Monday, which was A-OK with us. G has some congestion, so I was going