Skip to main content

No More Sickies

Well, we're all recovered and feeling good! There was no puking, coughing, sneezing, hacking, etc. this past week, so I count that as a massive success.  Instead, we had a lot of fun.

Ava and I went to the MOA last Sunday so she could attend a birthday party at American Girl.  We forgot Annie at home, but we still had time to run back home and bring our favorite AG doll with us.  Annie and Ava had a fun time at the party...there were appetizers and entrees to choose from, a fabulous dessert, and all sorts of shenanigans for the girls and dolls to get into.  Actually, they were all really well-behaved, and I'm looking forward to going back to AG for the Mommy-daughter date that I promised Ava we would have this spring.

While Ava and Annie were off partying, I went to work.  Not nearly as much fun, but I got my desk cleaned off, and a ton of paperwork filed away.  Mostly because I have a new laptop bag, and I can't bring as much stuff home.  My back will thank me later.

When I went to pick Ava and Annie up, we decided to do a little shopping...so, Annie got a new brush, plus some colorful hair extensions.  And THEN we decided to get her ears pierced.  The lady behind the counter told Ava to tell Annie to be brave.  Ava's response, "She's ALWAYS brave."  Yeah, you tell her, Ava!  In any case, Annie survived and now has large holes in her ears/head, and 7 new pairs of earrings.  Ava was quite fascinated about the studs going all the way into Annie's head.

Poor Annie didn't get to have any cake and ice cream, but, at least she got a balloon!


Showing off Annie's new star earrings


Ava also started her "gifted" class this past week, so we learned that the other girl who is going with her is NOT the one who was getting Ava into trouble last month.  Whew.  Instead, it's the little girl (Elise) who said that Ava and the other little girl should just not play together, since they get in trouble whenever they do.  Seems like Elise IS pretty smart!  Ava will be going to Elise's birthday party in a few weeks, so I know Ava's excited to play with her some more.  Plus, it's going to be a Monster High themed party, so that makes it even more exciting.

Oh, they also learned about caves in her new class.  Clearly, I was more focused on the social aspect.

G has been learning some more words...at the top of his list these days is "ball."  Which is good because any time he sees one, he HAS to have it.  He was freaking out about two little girls (at daycare) getting near him because he thought they wanted to take his ball.  I'm pretty sure they just wanted to say hi or play with him, but in his mind, they were all about stealing his ball.  I had forgotten what this toddler stage was like...

Yesterday, Ava was sitting on my lap, and G tried to get in between me and Ava.  Ava was very sweet and let him, and then tried to put her arms around him to give him a hug.  He wanted none of that.  He only wanted me to be touching him, and no one else.  Such a wonderful little momma's boy. :)

I only took this picture because he's wearing a onesie that reminded me of a shirt that my co-worker has.  This has happened on more than one occasion where G's outfits remind me of the guys that I work with.  Weird!


Last night, Scott and I had a date night...we went to Lift Bridge brewery in Stillwater, and enjoyed a flight (and some more) of their beers.  We also brought home a couple of growlers to share and enjoy later.  It was a fun, cozy experience...definitely well-organized and comfortable for the patrons.


After dinner, we went to the Dock Cafe (on the river in Stillwater) and enjoyed a nice, quiet dinner together.  We had talked about going out afterwards, but I fell asleep on the car ride home, so Scott thought it was best if we just stayed in for the night.  I think I'm finally caught up on my sleep, so I can't complain there!  We have another date planned for a few weeks from now, and that one will include a stop at a bar on the way home.  Better get some naps in before we go out on that one. :)

I'm heading out for lunch and a movie with a friend this afternoon, and Scott's going to make a wonderful turkey dinner for the family this evening.  I love how these weekends have been playing out lately...lots of fun, and good times with friends and family!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se

26 Hours in a Day

Just yesterday morning, I was thinking to myself that I could really use a few more hours each day.  We don't sleep a whole lot, both work long hours at our jobs, try to play with Ava as much as we can at night and on the weekends, and then we have to do all of the adult-stuff...paying bills, grocery shopping, cleaning, work on side jobs, house projects, etc.  If there were only 26 hours in a day, we could: *Sleep just an extra 30 minutes - we need it since the dogs have been waking us up each weekend day at 5:30am.  What could be SO urgent that they need to get us up then?!?  You'd think we only feed them once a week, or something. *Spend an extra hour with Ava...we could go to the park every night, take an extra long bath, read a few extra stories, and just enjoy the giggles and chattiness. *Take 30 minutes to talk to each other about how things are going.  With Scott leaving for work each day before 5am, and then all of the craziness that ensues when I get home at nigh