Skip to main content

Almost Done? Maybe?

Remember my whole spiel about planning and how we can try our best, but unexpected things generally come up and can prevent us from completing "the plans"?  I had really high hopes for this past week...really high.  And then those came crashing down when Ava got sick over the past weekend.  She was sick from Saturday-Tuesday...throwing up, not able to eat, etc.  When I took her to the doctor, it was determined she had a stomach bug, and the only thing they could do for her was to give her anti-nausea medicine.

Out of the two of us, I'm generally the one who is like "Eh, it's a cold....or a virus.  She'll get over it.  No need to panic."  Scott's the one that will generally get worked up first and worried.  And it's good how we balance each other out.  But, Ava lost several pounds over those few days, and the sight of how skinny she was really scared me. That's probably the most worried I have been for her in the last five years.  BUT, it's all good now.  She was at home with me and Garrett on Monday and Tuesday, and then was back to her normal, chattering self for the rest of the week.  The only residual thing that we're dealing with it the couch...she threw up on it.  Yuck.  So, on Monday, we have an appointment for a upholstery cleaning - and they needed to be cleaned anyway, so in the end, it all worked out ok.  Can't wait to have our nice, clean couches back!

So, that was one wrench in the plans.  The other was that last Sunday I think I had a mini-baby blues episode.  I had no motivation to do anything, and didn't even really want to talk to anyone.  Maybe I was just tired.  I don't know.  But, I do know that nothing was going to get done with that state of mind.  Thank goodness it was short lived...I snapped out of it pretty quickly when I had to step up and get Ava to the doctor.  And then the rest of the week was a whirlwind of shuffling boxes and trying to get daycare set up for G (no luck yet. YIKES!)

Scott's hunting this weekend (I am a pretty nice wife for letting him leave guilt-free when he has a newborn at home - and a house/garage full of things that need to be unpacked and moved.)  The good news is that he got a deer last night, so he's coming home tomorrow morning, and already has plans to make us pancakes!  And once he's home, I'm leaving for a bit to run some errands and take a bit of "me" time.  It hasn't been a bad weekend though...Ava and I rented Monsters University last night, I had a nice long chat with a good friend who's been on vacation, and I also managed to get the study boxes a bit more organized so we can start working on that room.  In the process I discovered another TWELVE boxes for the kitchen.  What??  I'm kinda thinking that if we didn't miss the stuff for the last 6 months, we might not miss it...permanently. 

Ava and I worked on her room for several hours this morning, and we are going through each box of toys and books to see what we should keep and what we should donate.  She's doing pretty well with the donation idea, so that pleases me. We've seriously got an awesome donation pile right now.  Feels pretty good!

My parents are coming to town on Tuesday, so it'll be great to have an extra few hands around the house.  Oh, and of course, I'm sure they'd like to meet Garrett and see the new digs! :)  Scott's already got my dad lined up for some projects...assembling our new kitchen table/chairs, working on a part for G's crib (poor little guy is still in the pack n play until Scott can get that broken piece fabricated for the crib!) and probably enjoying some beers. :)

For me, I'm hoping my mom will provide me some encouragement to get the rest of these boxes unpacked.  Or at least most of them!  It appears there's only so much time in the day, though...I can't imagine why Scott doesn't want me unpacking our last three boxes for our bedroom at 3am.  I'm awake...why isn't he?  Ha!

Garrett's still doing great...sometimes he goes a few hours without eating, and sometimes, it's on the hour that he gets hungry.  I'm trying to figure out when he'll get more into a routine.  But, until then, I'm his beck-and-call cow...moooooo!

Enjoying some of the caramel apple cookies we made together...SO good!


Love this little cake the hospital gave us after Garrett was born


Getting used to holding G - only once did he roll off her lap...


Love this little monkey!


So I worked on unpacking those twelve kitchen boxes tonight...and this was the end result of unwrapping all of the glassware.  OMG!  What a mess!


So. Much. Stuff. 
TOO much stuff!


Serious moment between big sister and little brother


That serious moment didn't last long...I had to step in before things went horribly wrong here!


Right now, Ava and I are watching Tangled, and G is dealing with a big case of the hiccups.  Last night I was in bed by 10pm, so let's see how late I make it tonight. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se

26 Hours in a Day

Just yesterday morning, I was thinking to myself that I could really use a few more hours each day.  We don't sleep a whole lot, both work long hours at our jobs, try to play with Ava as much as we can at night and on the weekends, and then we have to do all of the adult-stuff...paying bills, grocery shopping, cleaning, work on side jobs, house projects, etc.  If there were only 26 hours in a day, we could: *Sleep just an extra 30 minutes - we need it since the dogs have been waking us up each weekend day at 5:30am.  What could be SO urgent that they need to get us up then?!?  You'd think we only feed them once a week, or something. *Spend an extra hour with Ava...we could go to the park every night, take an extra long bath, read a few extra stories, and just enjoy the giggles and chattiness. *Take 30 minutes to talk to each other about how things are going.  With Scott leaving for work each day before 5am, and then all of the craziness that ensues when I get home at nigh