Skip to main content

S'mores and Stars

I cannot believe that Ava only has 6 more days of school left...and then she'll be a 5th grader, and starting her last year of elementary school! When did that happen?

They are having so much fun the last few weeks of school...this week, the 4th graders went on a field trip to the Mill City Museum in Minneapolis. The fact that she is getting to see all of these places (as will G, when he gets older and is in school) and also that my parents are making an effort to get to know MSP better, brought me to the conclusion that we need to have more family outings. So, the goal is that once a month, we're going to pick a place to visit, and head out on a Sunday to explore. I think it's important to travel to these locations, and experience these adventures together.There are a ton of places that I've never been (I didn't grow up in MN, so I didn't get to do field trips like these) and I always hear people talking about them. NOW is the right time to check them out!

G had an "ok" week...he hit a few friends at daycare, and he was really emotional (missing me) near the end of each day. I'm not really sure what's going on with him. BUT, I do know that we went an entire week without any potty training accidents/smudgy underwear, so he was able to pick out a new prize from his potty bag! Baby steps in all areas, I guess...

I had some intense days at work this week, and on Wednesday afternoon (I was working at home,) I gave myself a 10 minute break and walked to Ava's bus stop to meet her. She was SO excited to see me, and I was SO excited to get out of the house for a few minutes. I need to remember to take the time for those small moments before they are gone.

I had Friday afternoon off, so I was able to meet up with my friend Tina, and we went to a movie and had a few drinks and apps afterwards. It was super nice to be able to hang out with her during the day, and really enjoy the time together, without worrying about getting home too late to see the kids before bed time.

On Saturday, Scott, Ava, G, and I all headed south...they dropped me off in Rochester, where I met up with my friend Tiffany. We had our annual birthday massages/pedicures, and did a little bit of shopping. Meanwhile, Scott and the kids headed over to Darren and Tiff's house, and the kids all had a blast playing outside, splashing in the pool, being loud, and getting dirty. We grilled out, made s'mores, and thoroughly enjoyed the perfect weather last night, after the kids were winding down a bit. All four kids played SO well together...there were zero fights, and everyone had fun. Now that G is getting older, he can actually play with the girls and keep occupied, without needing us 100% of the time. It was so delightful to be able to actually talk to Tiff and Darren and not have to worry about babies and toddlers being mischievous. I'm pretty sure we haven't had that experience for oh, probably the last 10 years, ever since Isabel and Ava were born (they are 8 months apart in age.)

We're going to work around the house today, and then prep for a little gathering tomorrow afternoon...looking forward to continuing the fun for another few days!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se

Last Week of School & Work 2023!

We just wrapped up the final school and work (for Dee) week of 2023! The kids both had spirit week/dress up days this past week, and there were fun parties for G, and a holiday assembly for Ava. Kirk Cousins (Vikings QB) was the surprise guest speaker at RHS this week. Ava doesn't really follow football, so when she texted me a few pics during the assembly, she said "The one guy is here. Football" Hahahaha! She mentioned she heard a rumor that SpongeBob was going to be there, but alas, just a pro football player. What a neat surprise for the kids (except for Ava, lol) I had a few fun events this past week, as well. We had a happy hour/celebration for a completed project at work on Tuesday night, and then my neighbors/book club headed out to the local winery for a cookie decorating event on Thursday evening. I'm happy we don't have a full calendar next week! Swimming was unexpectedly cancelled on Monday, which was A-OK with us. G has some congestion, so I was going