Skip to main content

Snow, Snow, Go Away!

I'd like to say that winter is coming, but that’s not quite right. Winter is here, has been here for several months, and I think it’s settling in for the long haul. Yesterday, we were under a winter storm warning, a blizzard warning, and also a lightning alert. I have never, ever heard thunder during a blizzard, but, it happened! 

The rest of the US experienced significant storms last summer and fall, and now it’s our turn to deal with Mother Nature. So weird. It’s supposed to snow for the rest of the day, be calm for a few days, and then snow again mid-week. Bleh. Ava claimed it looked like Christmas...fun if it was December, not so fun in April!

Ava and I were supposed to participate in her school’s color run and health fair yesterday, but due to the weather, it was rescheduled for next Saturday. Nothing like an event with my girl to kick off my birthday right! As long as it doesn’t snow...right?

Scott and G have both been sick this week, and I put in 50 hours at work. This is one of those weeks that feel a bit disconnected and not super enjoyable. Ava went to her first slumber/birthday party on Friday night, so at least she had some fun! She wouldn’t tell me when she went to bed...just that it was “late.” Turns out it was after 2am! Guess who was crabby and sleepy yesterday...

And after working for several hours yesterday (and wanting to escape the cranky, sick, and tired people in my house) I headed over to a neighbor’s house for some wine and a relaxing girl’s night. Walking over there in the mountain of snow was a true workout...when I showed up, I was completely winded and exhausted. Turns out that the other neighbors who walked there had that exact same reaction, so at least I know it’s normal and nothing to be concerned about. Ha!

Right now, G and I are curled up in my bed (Scott left early to plow his work) and while G is watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, I’m watching the snow fall, and listening to the wind whip around our house. Cozy in bed seems like the best place to be!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se

Culture Night

Ava's been busy the past few weeks prepping for a performance for Culture Night at RHS. Her Chinese teacher asked if she would participate with the Lion Dance, so she played the gong (fun!) It required several rehearsals, she met new people, and had fun at Culture Night this past Thursday. I saw a brief video of some of the performance, and heard about all of the wonderful that she had a chance to eat while she was there. She also volunteered on Wednesday after school at a local elementary school to help celebrate the Chinese Lunar New Year (which is Feb 10, and it's the Year of the Dragon!) I'm so proud of her for joining the National Chinese Honor Society, and getting involved with events like these. She also played pep band for a basketball game at RHS on Tuesday night, so it was a busy week full of extracurriculars for school. The picture on the left and the one on the top right are Ava's (created for her Drawing class), both currently on display at RHS G tested for