Skip to main content

SKOL!

What a week for Vikings fans! Last Sunday, I parked myself on the couch for the entire game (which I never do) and even though I was tempted to turn it off, I stuck through it to the bitter/amazing end. I had given up hope and couldn't believe it when the Vikings pulled off the "Minnesota Miracle" in the last ten seconds. I was jumping up and down, and G was really confused if I was happy or sad, so I had to stop, give him a high five, and tell him it was all good.

Scott may have heard me yelling from the outside (he was shoveling snow) and came into the house, covered in snow and carrying the shovel. He's not much of a football fan, but with all of the news coverage of today's game, he certainly knows what's at stake with the game today.

That aside...we had a pretty good week. G is making progress on potty training...we didn't have nearly as many pairs of dirty underwear this week, as we did last week. That makes us all happy campers!

Ava had a pretty good week...she didn't have school on Monday or Friday. She had asked to participate in a dance clinic held at the high school on Friday. I dropped her off around 3 on Friday afternoon, she learned a routine, had a pizza dinner, and then performed at the halftime show for the girls varsity basketball game on Friday night. We decided it would be a bit of a nightmare to have G there (but, now that I know how loud it is, and that there's an area for kids to run around, he can certainly go in the future.) So, it was just me hanging out at a high school basketball game, waiting for the show to begin. It was fun watching the game, but I think it would be way more interesting if I knew someone who was playing!

When the Irishettes came out onto the floor, I was surprised at how many girls there were. WOW! There was a big turnout for this clinic! In any case, Ava had fun, but I asked her if she wanted to do it again, and got a "meh" from her. I then asked if she wanted to take dance classes and received a firm NO. So...we clearly don't have a dancer on our hands! And that's totally fine.

This is only half of the group of dancers...Ava's the one in the blue shirt with her hands in the air..hahaha



Just a small clip from their dance...


The rest of the weekend was spent at home, getting stuff done, with the exception of dinner out last night, and a super fun (where's my sarcasm font?) trip to Menards. By the time we got home last night, I was ready to shuttle everyone off into bed, just so I could have a few minutes of quiet time.

It's amazing what a good night's sleep will produce though...we're all in great moods this morning! Well, I haven't seen Ava yet, but she's usually pretty even keel with her moods, so I would be surprised if she wasn't cheery right now. She's probably being a tech monster and playing on one of her devices...

Maybe she's coding and building something amazing!


Time to get things moving...lots to do today, so I can park it for the game tonight! SKOL Vikings! Bring it home!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se

Culture Night

Ava's been busy the past few weeks prepping for a performance for Culture Night at RHS. Her Chinese teacher asked if she would participate with the Lion Dance, so she played the gong (fun!) It required several rehearsals, she met new people, and had fun at Culture Night this past Thursday. I saw a brief video of some of the performance, and heard about all of the wonderful that she had a chance to eat while she was there. She also volunteered on Wednesday after school at a local elementary school to help celebrate the Chinese Lunar New Year (which is Feb 10, and it's the Year of the Dragon!) I'm so proud of her for joining the National Chinese Honor Society, and getting involved with events like these. She also played pep band for a basketball game at RHS on Tuesday night, so it was a busy week full of extracurriculars for school. The picture on the left and the one on the top right are Ava's (created for her Drawing class), both currently on display at RHS G tested for