Skip to main content

Chill Time

We are definitely in the middle of a cold snap...last week, we had one balmy day where G exclaimed, "The snow is melting, it's going to be all gone!" I had to burst his little happy bubble and let him know that it's not quite spring yet. He has now decided that spring and fall are his favorite seasons...winter is too cold, and in summer "the bees come out!"

Honestly, I'm fine with the cold...dress warmly, in layers, don't spend extra time outdoors, and appreciate the fact that there is a warm place to reside. Not everyone is that lucky, so instead of complaining about it, we should be thankful for what we have. Right?

With that said...I am heading to Montreal in a few weeks for work, and am very interested to see what a Canadian winter is like. I just checked the forecast for next week, and it looks like they will have a few days in the 40s. Nice! After living in MN for 20+ years, I should be able to handle it. Although, the other day I was curious about the temps in the most northern provinces in Canada, and I'm pretty darn sure I never want to go that far north! CHILLY!

Everyone else in the family had a pretty good week...Ava was at the high school on Wednesday, learning about the different instruments that she could choose to play next year in band. Her first choice is trombone (of course), then the flute (love that, it's nice and small), and then...sigh...the tuba. Really?? She assured me that there would be one at home, and then one at school, and I wouldn't have to figure out how to haul it around in my car. If tuba wasn't an option, then she said the xylophone would be cool. Yep, sure, ok.

After some additional discussions, she has now rethought her choices, and is settled a little bit more on trumpet. We'll see what actually happens this spring, though!

G has totally nailed the #1 potty training. He's a pro! However, #2 is not going so well. He's stubborn, and his digestive system isn't making it easy for us to get this under control. How is it possible that we have one kid who used to poop once a week (all good now, thanks to fiber supplements) and another one who poops every five minutes? The only other thing I'll say is that G and I have a hot date today to clean all of his dirty underwear. I do not like that task. Bleh. So, he's going to learn how to help me do that. Maybe THAT will help him a bit in this training...maybe.

I know I don't say much about our Lucky dog, but she has been such a little love lately...always, and I do mean ALWAYS, following me around the house. Her age is really showing, and I was thinking about how much it's going to break my heart when she goes. I'm trying to give her as much attention possible now, so she knows how much we love her.

She was snuggled up next to me on the couch the other day, so I had to take a pic of this cute face!


Time to get ready for this chilly day...we have an import divisional playoff game later today, so I want to make sure we can enjoy (hopefully) watching it and cheering on the Vikes. SKOL!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se

Last Week of School & Work 2023!

We just wrapped up the final school and work (for Dee) week of 2023! The kids both had spirit week/dress up days this past week, and there were fun parties for G, and a holiday assembly for Ava. Kirk Cousins (Vikings QB) was the surprise guest speaker at RHS this week. Ava doesn't really follow football, so when she texted me a few pics during the assembly, she said "The one guy is here. Football" Hahahaha! She mentioned she heard a rumor that SpongeBob was going to be there, but alas, just a pro football player. What a neat surprise for the kids (except for Ava, lol) I had a few fun events this past week, as well. We had a happy hour/celebration for a completed project at work on Tuesday night, and then my neighbors/book club headed out to the local winery for a cookie decorating event on Thursday evening. I'm happy we don't have a full calendar next week! Swimming was unexpectedly cancelled on Monday, which was A-OK with us. G has some congestion, so I was going