Skip to main content

Pumpkin Brains

Should I be worried that Garrett was super excited to see how the brains were going to get out of the pumpkins last night? Thank goodness for Ava...I turned my back for 2 seconds and he picked up a knife and was trying to poke a hole in one of the pumpkins. Luckily, his big sis stopped him and took it away!

I feel like the entire year is a lead up to this time. G's birthday kicks off the holiday chaos for us...his birthday is TODAY (Happy 4th Birthday to my most favorite little boy...you are so loved!), Halloween is Tuesday, and in a few short weeks, we will be eating turkeys and giving thanks. And then shortly after that, we'll be kissing under the mistletoe and leaving cookies and eggnog out for the fat man in a red suit. And THEN we'll be bidding adieu to this really weird year and welcoming a new one. We can then take a break for a bit, until we head to Florida in February for a visit with Grandma Deb and Grandpa Whitey. There is so much to do in such a short amount of time. It's fun, chaotic, magical, and exhausting!

G loves to have his animals be in the pictures!



Back to last night...Ava had picked up the biggest pumpkin possible at her baton class (they were giving pumpkins to all of the students,) so we had to gut that one. I had picked up two much smaller ones a while ago, and I knew we were only going to carve one of them. I had bought a surface etching kit, so doing that with one of the pumpkins was my contribution. The whole process was so much easier with an extra set of (Ava) hands. Ava designed the faces, Scott cut, Ava scooped, and then Scott carved the two pumpkins. I etched mine and was then responsible for the finer details on cleaning up the pumpkins. G ran around with a Sharpie (argh) and supervised the whole process. Teamwork!
 






Ava had her Harvest Party at school on Friday, so she's tested out her costume already. G has a Halloween party on Tuesday at daycare and since I took the day off, I'm going to stop by and "oooh" and "ahhh" over all of the adorable kids. We're planning on having pizza with the neighbors on Tuesday night and then heading out in the 'hood to beg for candy...and we adults will sip wine while walking. Fun for all!

We also have Ava's first conferences on Wednesday night, and I have a fun girls happy hour planned for Thursday night. I'm ready for next weekend already! Did I mention it's hunting season, so I'll be missing my other half during some upcoming days, too.

Ok, time to get this birthday day started! The pups from Paw Patrol will be calling G this morning to wish him a happy birthday...can't wait to see what he thinks about that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se

Bricks and Birthdays

Last Sunday, G and I headed off to the Minneapolis Brick Convention to see everything LEGOs! Ever since I bought the tickets, months ago, he couldn't wait to check it out. I was so happy that it was held at a location not too far from home, because it was snowing as we were driving there. Overall, it was a pretty neat experience. There were some amazing brick creations, and of course there was an opportunity to buy LEGO pieces! G has been on a 1980's spaceman kick, so he ended up getting Benny, the blue spaceman (from The LEGO movie), as well as Jenny, the white space(wo)man, as well. Once he had those two new pieces in hand, he was able to focus more on all of the cool builds they had displayed in the convention. It was pretty crowded, so after we were done, I was quite happy to get out of the building into a quiet car. More and more, I'm hitting my limit of "peopling" at an earlier point during each crowded event I go to. But, I did it for G, and he loved it! (I

Last Week of School & Work 2023!

We just wrapped up the final school and work (for Dee) week of 2023! The kids both had spirit week/dress up days this past week, and there were fun parties for G, and a holiday assembly for Ava. Kirk Cousins (Vikings QB) was the surprise guest speaker at RHS this week. Ava doesn't really follow football, so when she texted me a few pics during the assembly, she said "The one guy is here. Football" Hahahaha! She mentioned she heard a rumor that SpongeBob was going to be there, but alas, just a pro football player. What a neat surprise for the kids (except for Ava, lol) I had a few fun events this past week, as well. We had a happy hour/celebration for a completed project at work on Tuesday night, and then my neighbors/book club headed out to the local winery for a cookie decorating event on Thursday evening. I'm happy we don't have a full calendar next week! Swimming was unexpectedly cancelled on Monday, which was A-OK with us. G has some congestion, so I was going