Skip to main content

Blue Lemon

I took last weekend off from writing a blog post...because I had no time! I needed a vacation from my weekend. Grandma Deb picked up Ava and G on Saturday morning, which allowed me to get a ton of stuff done around the house, and then meet up with Scott for a late lunch out. A few hours later, a group of friends and I had a fun ladies night, starting with a good dinner, and ending with an interesting few hours at a bar with a band.

But I couldn't stay out too late, oh no! Scott and I left on Sunday morning at 7:45am to have a quiet breakfast out. Right after that, I drove up to Grandma Deb's to attend a Norwex party, and then bring Ava and G home. After a quick stop off at our house, and settling the kids in there, I picked up my mom and we headed to the big craft fair in Shakopee. We walked/shopped for several hours, then hit up Target on the way home. Phew! I was exhausted by dinner time last Sunday.

Monday didn't get much better, as G was fighting a fever. I kept him home from daycare and we headed into the doctor. Strep threat is the winner! And that means that G needed to stay home with us through Tuesday morning. So, we hung out for a bit, cuddled, and watched some tv, but to be honest, he was ready to see his friends after several days without them. He's feeling much better now, so back to business, as usual, for him.



To help prep G for the strep test, the nurse asked if G liked popsicles. Of course he does! She asked what his favorite color was...and he said blue. As we were waiting for the blue popsicle to arrive I asked him wait flavor he thought it would be. Wisely, he said blueberry, but I challenged him and asked what if it's strawberry? Or lemon? He denied that would be possible. Fast forward a few minutes...as he was enjoying his blue popsicle, I asked him what flavor it was. He responded with a simple, "Lemon." I questioned him, mentioning that it was blue, to which he replied with a smile, "It's blue lemon." Such a smartie pants...!

I work from home on Wednesdays, so Ava and I planned that I would have lunch with her at school this week. It was a quick 20 minutes, but it was a fun break in my day, and she was happy to show me how and where she eats every day!

Post-lunch selfie


This little guy was almost on our porch on Wednesday morning...when he saw me stand up to take his pic, he quickly waddled away!


Thursday night had me rescuing a puppy and child from an intersection (seriously, parents...watch your kids and pets!!) and then I headed into a PTO meeting that lasted three hours. There were some very verbal attendees...all I will say is that I left the meeting with a feeling of disbelief. I thought that all parents would want the safety of the school, and small class sizes to be addressed. I learned that is not the case...amazing. I am definitely going back next month so I can cast my vote accordingly.

Yesterday morning, Scott took G on some DOT inspections, as Ava and I had our third Color Run to attend! My neighbor picked us up and we went through the health fair first, and then enjoyed a leisurely 1.5 mile walk through the neighborhood around the school. Ava really got into it by rolling on the ground to get some good color (other kids were doing it, too!) After this healthy morning, we went and got McDonalds for lunch. Don't judge me. LOL.
 
Nice and clean...


Not quite as clean!


Unicorn hair!


And then we napped! Well, I took a nap, G took a nap, and Ava played in her room. And it was gloriously quiet and restful.

We finished up Saturday with a great summer dinner off the grill, and our first bonfire of the year! It was the perfect way to kick off the warmer weather.





This morning, Scott is taking Ava bowling, and then out to lunch. And G and I get to hang out! I'm looking forward to a low key day after this super busy week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se

26 Hours in a Day

Just yesterday morning, I was thinking to myself that I could really use a few more hours each day.  We don't sleep a whole lot, both work long hours at our jobs, try to play with Ava as much as we can at night and on the weekends, and then we have to do all of the adult-stuff...paying bills, grocery shopping, cleaning, work on side jobs, house projects, etc.  If there were only 26 hours in a day, we could: *Sleep just an extra 30 minutes - we need it since the dogs have been waking us up each weekend day at 5:30am.  What could be SO urgent that they need to get us up then?!?  You'd think we only feed them once a week, or something. *Spend an extra hour with Ava...we could go to the park every night, take an extra long bath, read a few extra stories, and just enjoy the giggles and chattiness. *Take 30 minutes to talk to each other about how things are going.  With Scott leaving for work each day before 5am, and then all of the craziness that ensues when I get home at nigh