Skip to main content

Prepping for the Holidays

On Friday, Ava asked me if we could put up our Christmas tree this weekend.  I told her that might happen the day after Thanksgiving...but not one minute before!  I explained that this weekend was already full of birthday and Halloween celebrations, and even once we're done with that, Thanksgiving is next up on the holiday docket.

When I was out shopping last weekend, I saw some Christmas displays, and opted not to venture down the aisles.  No wonder January feels so blah...we've been exposed to the holiday season (including Halloween) for at least three months prior, and when it's all done, it feels like a huge void!

But, I digress.

We are right in the middle of the birthday and Halloween events for this weekend, so I'll be posting all of that next week.  But, I do want to wish our little G a super duper HAPPY BIRTHDAY (yesterday)!  He's three, I can't believe it!  Three was the hardest age with Ava, soooo....I guess we'll see how it goes with G.  Love that little guy so much!

It was a rough week of adjusting to just one dog in the house.  Only one bowl for food, just one dog to let outside, and one furry friend following us around, looking for love and attention.  Lucky has received so many snuggles and kisses this last week...and I have a feeling that it will continue.  It's a change, and we'll make the best of it, for all critters (people, too) involved.  Yesterday, I cleaned out Darla's kennel and washed all of her blankets.  It'll be interesting to see if we notice a decrease in dog hair in the house...

We've been experiencing an extended warm fall this year (crossing fingers for a great night for Trick or Treating tomorrow) so we've been trying to get the kids outside as much as we can.  G is loving his soccer class, and I'm thinking about signing him up for the winter session.  He always talks about Coach Sam, whenever we discuss his class...looks like a good fit for the little guy!




Excited to play soccer!


On a rare occasion, Ava got herself ready for school, without any prompting by me!


Lots to do on this busy day....another party and a birthday dinner to prep for!  Happy Halloween!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se

Last Week of School & Work 2023!

We just wrapped up the final school and work (for Dee) week of 2023! The kids both had spirit week/dress up days this past week, and there were fun parties for G, and a holiday assembly for Ava. Kirk Cousins (Vikings QB) was the surprise guest speaker at RHS this week. Ava doesn't really follow football, so when she texted me a few pics during the assembly, she said "The one guy is here. Football" Hahahaha! She mentioned she heard a rumor that SpongeBob was going to be there, but alas, just a pro football player. What a neat surprise for the kids (except for Ava, lol) I had a few fun events this past week, as well. We had a happy hour/celebration for a completed project at work on Tuesday night, and then my neighbors/book club headed out to the local winery for a cookie decorating event on Thursday evening. I'm happy we don't have a full calendar next week! Swimming was unexpectedly cancelled on Monday, which was A-OK with us. G has some congestion, so I was going