Skip to main content

The Countdown

It's official...the summer is over. Ava completed her last week of Summer Power (this week, they went to the Crayola Experience at the MOA, and also took a boat ride down the Mississippi...awesome!) to celebrate their final week. She made a new friend that goes to another school, and she remembered to get her phone number.  I know that doesn't sounds like a big deal, but after worrying for years that she didn't have any good friends, I'm finally able to begin putting that concern to rest. (She does have many friends, I think I was just paranoid.)

We also dropped off her school supplies at the open house this past week. We were able to see her classroom, where she sits, and who the other kids are in her class. She was SO excited when she saw her friend/neighbor Cece is in the class with her. I think third grade is going to be a fantastic year!

G also had a change in teachers this past week...and with the change comes different organization in the classroom. My little guy finally has his own cubby! It sounds like a weird thing to be happy about, but we spent many months trying to force his tiny bag into a cubby that was stuffed with other things from another little kid. He's now flying solo this week, which makes me, his bag, and his blankie very happy.

We also did a fun homework project for him...a cute All About Me sheet. Did you know that his favorite color is red? Neither did I! (Maybe it's because I was holding the red crayon when I asked him the question, though...hm...)  He also enjoys mac and cheese (shock!) and throwing/catching/kicking balls. Wait, wait, wait...Scott made me reorder that one on the sheet. He told me that we shouldn't say that G likes kicking balls...lol.

We both had super busy weeks at work, but we managed to fit in getting our windows (exterior) washed, plus we got a new ISP on Friday...I love our new service! The tech needs to come back to adjust a few things, and then we're set! We have finally been able to enjoy streaming video on our TV this weekend without any buffering issues. Awesome!

Last night, we headed out to Smashburger for dinner and then came back for a quiet bonfire. A few neighbors stopped over for a bit, and the kids got totally hopped up on s'mores. Once we had our fill of their shenanigans, we decided it was time for them (the kids) to head to bed. And then Scott and I enjoyed some peace and quiet on a lovely fall evening. We had fun picking out constellations and debating if we were seeing satellites or planes flying high in the sky.

I told Scott we were definitely not going to be thirsty this weekend (this is the full size fridge in the garage!)


The perfect fire for making s'mores with the kiddos


Scott's smoking some meat all day long today, and we're going to enjoy a nice family dinner this evening. Right now, G and I are snuggling in bed, watching some Lalaloopsy.  Seems like a great way to start a lovely Sunday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bricks and Birthdays

Last Sunday, G and I headed off to the Minneapolis Brick Convention to see everything LEGOs! Ever since I bought the tickets, months ago, he couldn't wait to check it out. I was so happy that it was held at a location not too far from home, because it was snowing as we were driving there. Overall, it was a pretty neat experience. There were some amazing brick creations, and of course there was an opportunity to buy LEGO pieces! G has been on a 1980's spaceman kick, so he ended up getting Benny, the blue spaceman (from The LEGO movie), as well as Jenny, the white space(wo)man, as well. Once he had those two new pieces in hand, he was able to focus more on all of the cool builds they had displayed in the convention. It was pretty crowded, so after we were done, I was quite happy to get out of the building into a quiet car. More and more, I'm hitting my limit of "peopling" at an earlier point during each crowded event I go to. But, I did it for G, and he loved it! (I

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se