Skip to main content

High Temps...without the Fun Sun

For the last few months, I've been on a mission to find the perfect thermometer. Seems a little silly, right? Now that G is no longer a a baby, and we don't have to go the rectal route for taking his temp, I figured it was time to get a thermometer that was quick, easy, and accurate. I had bought a very expensive temporal one, which required scanning across the forehead...it also requires a steady hand, a steady child, and patience. Those three things are never available together, it appears.

Just Saturday, I found one that meets our needs...super fast, consistent readings, and non-invasive. Perfect! And just in time because this past week, I used it on everyone in the house. I think this time, we can blame it on G...he was sick a few weeks back, and I can remember clearly, on several occasions where he coughed in my face. But, as a mom, that happens all the time, so I blew it off...until last Monday, when I came down with the flu. No energy, fever, and some serious pains when I coughed (like I felt I had broken a rib kind of pain...but I hadn't been coughing that much!)

I was hit the hardest, so I'm still recovering.  In the meantime, Ava started running a fever, and Scott started feeling miserable, too.  The house should have been quarantined! As of today, everyone is doing okay. Not great, but on the upswing. And that little thermometer made it so easy for me to track everyone's progress.  It's the little things!

The puppies liked my high body heat on Monday, and snuggled right into my lap.


One bright spot this week were the Drumsticks that Scott bought us for treats. G really had his nose buried into the ice cream, and even Ava managed to get a big swoop of chocolate up her cheek.



It was Spring picture day on Friday - hopefully she showed off the gap in her teeth with a big smile!


Silly boy...he climbed in and rocked it until it tipped over.  And did this over and over and over...fun game, I guess!



We're going to try a new (to us) restaurant for a brunch this morning...pretty excited since I saw it (The Mason Jar) last fall, and then managed to forget about it.  The menu looks great, so I have high hopes to kick this beautiful Sunday off right!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se

Last Week of School & Work 2023!

We just wrapped up the final school and work (for Dee) week of 2023! The kids both had spirit week/dress up days this past week, and there were fun parties for G, and a holiday assembly for Ava. Kirk Cousins (Vikings QB) was the surprise guest speaker at RHS this week. Ava doesn't really follow football, so when she texted me a few pics during the assembly, she said "The one guy is here. Football" Hahahaha! She mentioned she heard a rumor that SpongeBob was going to be there, but alas, just a pro football player. What a neat surprise for the kids (except for Ava, lol) I had a few fun events this past week, as well. We had a happy hour/celebration for a completed project at work on Tuesday night, and then my neighbors/book club headed out to the local winery for a cookie decorating event on Thursday evening. I'm happy we don't have a full calendar next week! Swimming was unexpectedly cancelled on Monday, which was A-OK with us. G has some congestion, so I was going