Skip to main content

In the Parade

It was the last week of summer before school starts!  And it's been a fun one...during the days, Ava got to go see Minions again, went to an indoor theme park, and even got to take a boat ride down the Mississippi as a farewell to summer!  She had a fantastic time this past summer through the Y program, and we're already talking about what fun she'll have next year.

We went to her school's open house on Wednesday night, and put all of Ava's school supplies in her desk, and picked up some info from her new 2nd grade teacher.  We needed to drop off one of her reading logs with her 1st grade teacher, but when we went to the 1st grade wing, she wasn't there!  We finally tracked her down to the Kindergarten wing - she's teaching the newbies this year!  Ava had a great time playing with all of her toys, and I had a nice chat with Mrs M.  She's a very fun, warm lady, and I can see why Ava loved having her last year.  She did warn me that 2nd grade is serious business compared to 1st grade.  I still say, "bring it on!"  We are ready!

The lower front tooth on the right needs to come out...it's hanging by a thread, and the adult one is coming in behind it.  So weird!



G has turned the corner at his new daycare, and now reaches out for the teachers when I drop him off.  Looks like we made it past the crying phase, and now he's having fun with the kids his own age.  I LOVE getting a daily sheet for him where I can see what he has read/learned about, what he's had to eat, how long he's napped, etc.  I love how organized it is, and how consistent they have been with him.  This past week reinforced the fact that moving him to a center was the best decision for our family!

Hanging out on the couch with Mommy and Little Batman



My work had the final concert of the summer season this past Thursday...the Gear Daddies played, and we had a great time!  I had a chance to chat with some co-workers that I didn't know super well, but after our late night talk session, I feel like I know them so much better.  I will count myself lucky to have two new friends (not the two shown below...we were already friends)!

Me and Kara


Me and Em


We went outside super early, so we even caught the warm-up!




We also closed early on Friday, so I treated myself to a massage at a spa close to home to celebrate the start of the long weekend...within 5 min, I was conked out.  The masseuse did an amazing job, and I'm already looking forward to seeing her again in the next few months. 

I had the chance to pick up G from daycare on Friday (I usually do drop-off, and not pick-up) and it was fun to see him playing with his new little buddies when I walked in.  Ava then had a friend come over on Friday night, and after dinner we (minus her friend) spent the rest of the night together as a family.

On Saturday, we headed to west of the cities to spend the afternoon/night with our good friends, Darren and Tiff.  Darren's parents also came up, and our other friends, Megan and Erik, stopped over to visit.  All told, there were 8 adults and 8 kids...good thing there was lots of space and fun things for the kids to do!  Scott grilled a ham, and we ate and ate and ate.  And even did shots.  And drank wine.  It was a fun night, capped off by a forced viewing of Zombieland.  Not as bad as I thought it was going to be. :) 

Scott was yesterday, and I fell asleep for about 45 minutes.  When I woke up, we were in Dassel, and somehow got stuck behind the American Legion parade vehicles.  As we worked our way through the town, we realized we were totally going to the start of the parade - looks like it was going to be a fun one!



Checking out a helmet




Trying out the scooter...


G had so much fun with Darren as they rode around the driveway...and even did a few wheelies!





I'm looking forward to the next 2 days at home, getting caught up on house things, garage things, bill things, and shopping things.  And, maybe some sleep things! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se

26 Hours in a Day

Just yesterday morning, I was thinking to myself that I could really use a few more hours each day.  We don't sleep a whole lot, both work long hours at our jobs, try to play with Ava as much as we can at night and on the weekends, and then we have to do all of the adult-stuff...paying bills, grocery shopping, cleaning, work on side jobs, house projects, etc.  If there were only 26 hours in a day, we could: *Sleep just an extra 30 minutes - we need it since the dogs have been waking us up each weekend day at 5:30am.  What could be SO urgent that they need to get us up then?!?  You'd think we only feed them once a week, or something. *Spend an extra hour with Ava...we could go to the park every night, take an extra long bath, read a few extra stories, and just enjoy the giggles and chattiness. *Take 30 minutes to talk to each other about how things are going.  With Scott leaving for work each day before 5am, and then all of the craziness that ensues when I get home at nigh