Skip to main content

The Streets Better Watch Out!

We now have a 1st grade graduate!  Friday was the last day of school for the year, and Ava started it off with a bang.  And a puke. Or two.  She ended up being fine, but we were concerned that she wasn't going to be able to take place in the "last day of school" festivities.  And once again, I am thankful that I purchased a little carpet cleaner...it has come in handy so many times over the years!

This coming week, Ava starts her Summer Power adventures, which include swimming lessons at the Y during the day.  I am so thankful that they offered that as an option, as I wasn't sure when we were going to fit that into our nighttime activities.  Plus, I signed G and I up for a lottery to enter a toddler and me class...so if that actually happens, and we get in, at least we won't have to work around a swimming lesson schedule, or any other of the fun things that we are going to do!

Pretty excited to be a graduate of first grade!


We thought it would be fun to get the kids some wheels of their own so they stop asking us to chaperon them around town. ;)  Scott found these fun toys online, and when I came home on Friday, there were already miles being clocked!  Ava had a bit of a hard time figuring out the steering, and the braking, and the looking-where-she's-driving thing, but she'll get it eventually.  Last night, Scott took off the lock so now she can use it in the high-speed gear.  Watch out, streets, there's a new driver...and you can't miss her in this bright pink car!


G loves this little Thomas train, even though it just goes in circles.  Once he gets the hang of it, we can take it off of the track, and he'll be able to chase his big sister all over the place!


The weather has started to get a bit warmer, and the kids were having a blast running through the sprinklers on Friday night.  Ava keeps asking when we can go to the pool, but last I heard, it's still being heated, so....I think we'll wait a bit to make sure it's a good temp before bringing the kids in.

The next phase of Operation Deck is underway...now that my parents are back, Scott's got an extra hand to help put up the remaining posts, and railings for the stairs.  It's been amazing to be able to sit outside and enjoy the weather...and it'll be even better when I don't need to worry about someone falling off the stairs!  Well, I guess that can still happen, but at least we can contain the direction that they fall...

We've got a prime rib cooking, an intense game of Candyland underway (the rules keep changing, dictated by an almost 7-year old...I actually just heard her say "There are no more rules, but YOU have to follow the rules, Grandma) and drinks are ready to be poured.  I worked for several hours yesterday, and was at work this morning, so am excited to finally have a chance to relax with my family.  These days/hours are just flying by!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bricks and Birthdays

Last Sunday, G and I headed off to the Minneapolis Brick Convention to see everything LEGOs! Ever since I bought the tickets, months ago, he couldn't wait to check it out. I was so happy that it was held at a location not too far from home, because it was snowing as we were driving there. Overall, it was a pretty neat experience. There were some amazing brick creations, and of course there was an opportunity to buy LEGO pieces! G has been on a 1980's spaceman kick, so he ended up getting Benny, the blue spaceman (from The LEGO movie), as well as Jenny, the white space(wo)man, as well. Once he had those two new pieces in hand, he was able to focus more on all of the cool builds they had displayed in the convention. It was pretty crowded, so after we were done, I was quite happy to get out of the building into a quiet car. More and more, I'm hitting my limit of "peopling" at an earlier point during each crowded event I go to. But, I did it for G, and he loved it! (I

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se