Skip to main content

Cake, Cake, and MORE Cake!

Funny how the summer time flies by, while the winter months drag on.  It's hard to believe that today is the first day of summer already.  We've been super busy with birthdays, work, house projects, visiting with family and friends, and enjoying the warmer weather when we have a few minutes to breathe.

My parents are back in town, so two Fridays back,we had my parents over for cake and birthday wishes...it was Mom's birthday that week, so it was great to be able to celebrate in person.  Two years in a row now!!  Plus, it was a great night to sit out on the deck and enjoy the wonderful Friday night weather...

 "Happy Birthday, Dear Mooooommmmm!"






What a great night!






The following week, we celebrated Ava's 7th birthday!  WHAT?  When did that happen??  She's been having a blast playing with all of her new toys, but loves, loves, loves her new Barbie vacation house so much!  They've had all sort of parties at the new digs...I see why Barbie has so many friends, now!









In non-birthday related news...building the deck stair railings is, apparently, the most horrible thing possible.  Scott and my dad worked on them for several hours yesterday, and managed to get two in place.  There are two more to go, and I know that Scott isn't looking forward to working on them.  They do look really nice, but the design doesn't make them easy to build/install.  Ugh.

G's doing pretty well...he went to a backup daycare on Tues/Wed of this past week, and had a great time.  There were lots of little boys for him to play with, which is the opposite of his normal daycare location.  It's great that we now have a backup, with someone else that we trust!

I've been working, working, working...today is the first Sunday in several weeks that I decided not to work.  I will pay for it in this coming week, but I really want/need some time off from thinking about my job.  I've got 9 more days till the end of June, at which point, two more of my projects will launch.  I had one website launch on June 15, so that's moved into operations, but I have some transition items to wrap up.  I am very hopeful that July will bring more normal hours, and the chance to spend more time with my family, and get back into doing the things that I want to do with my life.  If not, things will need to change.

Not only is it the first day of summer, and International Yoga Day, but, it's also Father's Day!  Happy Father's Day to my wonderful dad and Grandpa Whitey - we're looking forward to celebrating with you both this afternoon! 

And of course, we wish a very Happy Father's Day to Scott!  Ava made him a gift at school, which has proudly joined the collection of clay items that appear to resemble something...but, we're not quite sure what.  She tells us this one is a fish, which perhaps, it really is.  We can kinda see it.  Sorta.  We enjoyed a yummy breakfast as a family this morning, and it will be so nice to spend the entire day together.  This will be the first one in a long time, due to our work schedules.

I know Scott misses his dad terribly, and wishes he was able to see him again.  Bruce isn't far from our hearts...today or any day.  We love you!

Happy Sunday-Father's Day-First Day of Summer-International Yoga Day!  Seems like we've got perfect weather for celebrating a variety of special events!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bricks and Birthdays

Last Sunday, G and I headed off to the Minneapolis Brick Convention to see everything LEGOs! Ever since I bought the tickets, months ago, he couldn't wait to check it out. I was so happy that it was held at a location not too far from home, because it was snowing as we were driving there. Overall, it was a pretty neat experience. There were some amazing brick creations, and of course there was an opportunity to buy LEGO pieces! G has been on a 1980's spaceman kick, so he ended up getting Benny, the blue spaceman (from The LEGO movie), as well as Jenny, the white space(wo)man, as well. Once he had those two new pieces in hand, he was able to focus more on all of the cool builds they had displayed in the convention. It was pretty crowded, so after we were done, I was quite happy to get out of the building into a quiet car. More and more, I'm hitting my limit of "peopling" at an earlier point during each crowded event I go to. But, I did it for G, and he loved it! (I

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o