Skip to main content

I Love Lamp

And the frigid temps continued here...enough that they closed school for a 2nd day in a row!  I just read an article that states that Minneapolis/St Paul is ranked the most consistently cold city during the core winter months (December, January and February.)  This is based on 30-years of average temps, for the 100 most populous cities in the U.S.  Sigh...

Anyway, after 2.5 weeks, Ava finally went back to school on Wednesday!  I got SO much done on Wednesday and Thursday, with her being out of the house!  There are still a ton of projects to do around the house, but we're knocking them out, when we find the time.  Now that we have the major furniture in place, I've moved into the decorating phase.  We don't have anything on our walls yet, but that's okay - I need to think about what we're going to put up, and where.  All in due time! :)

Since we had an extra day to spend together, I pretty much ran out of fun projects for us to do.  Luckily, I had one last thing for us to do...it was something I wanted to do last winter, but never got around to it.  Ava and I tested our skills at candy making!  Well, not MAKING, as much as melting and molding.  It was messy, but fun - and the end result was pretty darn good!  They are two layers - peppermint candy cane and dark chocolate.  YUM!  The nice thing is that this candy mold can also be used as flowers, so I told Ava we'll make a spring time version once the snow is gone!





Garrett's doing so well...he's consistently sleeping through the night.  I generally put him to bed around 10pm, and then have to wake him up at 6:45 to eat.  Things will shift a little bit after I go back to work, but at least we know he will sleep through the night.  Whew...  We had his 2-month appointment, and he's doing well...his growth is on track, and he took his vaccines like a champ.  A crying champ, but a champ, nonetheless! :)

He's such a happy little guy.  And he appears to be fascinated with our Tiffany-style lamp that we have.  He stares at it, smiles at it, and I'm sure he'll be talking to it shortly.  We already find him talking to his puppies on his mobile, and he coos at us.  I love this stage!




It's my last week at home before I go back to work, and I've got a full list of things to do.  But, I want to be sure to take some time to enjoy the moments with G before his daycare adventure.  These last 11 weeks have flown by...but at least it's been fun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bricks and Birthdays

Last Sunday, G and I headed off to the Minneapolis Brick Convention to see everything LEGOs! Ever since I bought the tickets, months ago, he couldn't wait to check it out. I was so happy that it was held at a location not too far from home, because it was snowing as we were driving there. Overall, it was a pretty neat experience. There were some amazing brick creations, and of course there was an opportunity to buy LEGO pieces! G has been on a 1980's spaceman kick, so he ended up getting Benny, the blue spaceman (from The LEGO movie), as well as Jenny, the white space(wo)man, as well. Once he had those two new pieces in hand, he was able to focus more on all of the cool builds they had displayed in the convention. It was pretty crowded, so after we were done, I was quite happy to get out of the building into a quiet car. More and more, I'm hitting my limit of "peopling" at an earlier point during each crowded event I go to. But, I did it for G, and he loved it! (I

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o