Skip to main content

So Much Grass

It is a good thing that Scott is so handy and a great mechanic.  I think I mentioned that he fixed up the riding lawn mower that belonged to our landlord, and now, it doesn't take him an hour+ to mow this huge lawn.  Ava likes to hop on the lawn mower with him and ride around for a few laps.  It gets pretty steep in the backyard, so she's not allowed to ride with Scott while he's doing that part, but otherwise, she has a blast.  And it gives me a few minutes of peace and quiet. :)

This is just the SIDE yard!



Last Thursday, Ava and I met up with my friend Lynda and her kids to spend some time at a local library.  They had so much fun that we ended up going to their house for dinner - and not getting home until almost 10pm!  The last half of this week was incredibly busy for me at work, so needless to say, both Ava and I were exhausted by the time we got home.  This coming week, I think we're going with them to see a high school production of the "Jungle Book" - should be fun!

Last night, we drove down to check on the progress of the house.  Our realtor had called yesterday and told us that he drove by and there was lumber in the front...so, we had to check!  And sure enough, there is!  Plus, they back filled against the foundation, and have brought up the garage (rough) floor.  It's coming right along!

Let the framing begin!



 
As I was standing there taking pictures, one of the neighbors and his son drive by, and they both waved...so friendly!  I'm glad we chose this neighborhood - can't wait to meet all of our neighbors (and lots of kids!)
 
We then went to check out the park and pool located in the neighborhood.  The park looks great - two different structures, plus some standalone play features.  There's a nice covered area with tables, a baseball diamond, basketball court, and even horseshoes!  The pool will be great next year - not too deep (3'-5') so Ava will be able to enjoy it, too.
 

 
 
It's been a busy day of cleaning and working...and tonight, we'll be making s'mores! When I walked to get the mail this afternoon, I realized how nice it is outside...not too hot, not too cold, sunny, but not super bright.  Absolutely perfect for a campfire!
 
We did get some news about our rental house - it's being listed early next week.  Honestly, I'm not looking forward to going through showings AGAIN, when it doesn't even benefit us.  But, I need to keep reminding myself that this is a temporary situation, and before we know it, we'll be in our own home again. 
 
I'm 26 weeks pregnant today, and am having so much fun watching him move all around my belly.  I love it when he kicks/punches/moves and my entire front bounces.  Just makes me laugh!  This week, I was reading Ava a nighttime story, and I had to take a break after the first page (I was really tired.)  I told Ava that the baby was eating my brain.  (I'm never sure how comments like that will go over.  She's pretty fascinated with vampires, so it's possible that she thinks he really eats my brain.)  Luckily, she leaned over and yelled at my belly, "Are you eating Mommy's brain?!"  And then in a tiny little voice, she responded for Baby Boy, "No!"  Five minutes later she asked him again, and she (he?) responded, "No, no!  I already told you NO!"  Turns out that she thinks he's just as sassy as she is!


As for now, Scott just finished up grilling some burgers, so we're going to enjoy this wonderful evening on our deck.  This is turning out to be a pretty great night so far!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se

Bricks and Birthdays

Last Sunday, G and I headed off to the Minneapolis Brick Convention to see everything LEGOs! Ever since I bought the tickets, months ago, he couldn't wait to check it out. I was so happy that it was held at a location not too far from home, because it was snowing as we were driving there. Overall, it was a pretty neat experience. There were some amazing brick creations, and of course there was an opportunity to buy LEGO pieces! G has been on a 1980's spaceman kick, so he ended up getting Benny, the blue spaceman (from The LEGO movie), as well as Jenny, the white space(wo)man, as well. Once he had those two new pieces in hand, he was able to focus more on all of the cool builds they had displayed in the convention. It was pretty crowded, so after we were done, I was quite happy to get out of the building into a quiet car. More and more, I'm hitting my limit of "peopling" at an earlier point during each crowded event I go to. But, I did it for G, and he loved it! (I

Last Week of School & Work 2023!

We just wrapped up the final school and work (for Dee) week of 2023! The kids both had spirit week/dress up days this past week, and there were fun parties for G, and a holiday assembly for Ava. Kirk Cousins (Vikings QB) was the surprise guest speaker at RHS this week. Ava doesn't really follow football, so when she texted me a few pics during the assembly, she said "The one guy is here. Football" Hahahaha! She mentioned she heard a rumor that SpongeBob was going to be there, but alas, just a pro football player. What a neat surprise for the kids (except for Ava, lol) I had a few fun events this past week, as well. We had a happy hour/celebration for a completed project at work on Tuesday night, and then my neighbors/book club headed out to the local winery for a cookie decorating event on Thursday evening. I'm happy we don't have a full calendar next week! Swimming was unexpectedly cancelled on Monday, which was A-OK with us. G has some congestion, so I was going