Skip to main content

Time to Pack!

Our basement is full of boxes - floor to ceiling boxes!  It's good, because we need them to pack and move, but...bad because that means we need to do the work of getting everything into those boxes.  Yesterday was the first nice Saturday we've had in 6+ months, and while I should have been in the basement starting to pack, I just couldn't do it.  I needed to sit in the sun.  So....the boxes will wait for another day!

A little change in plans over the last week...we opted not to go with the dog-friendly townhouse I looked at last weekend, because last night, we signed the lease on a larger townhome, which is much closer to Maple Tree Day School.  That means we won't be driving an extra 20 minutes out of the way two times a day to drop off/pick up Ava this summer.  Instead, we'll be driving just an extra 5 minutes - all the way from Inver Grove Heights! 

Sometimes, things just work out like they are supposed to.  I was getting stressed out about where we were going to live during this transition period.  Our realtor mentioned that his pastor rents a townhome in IGH, so we contacted him, took a look, and signed all within a 5-day period!  He was flexible with the end date and did a 5-month lease, and we can discuss adjustments as needed as the end date comes closer.  The pastor (John) has a 6-year old granddaughter named Ava...so I'm thinking there will be some playdates this summer!  Plus, we learned a bit about our soon-to-be neighbors...sounds like there are some right around our age with kids, and they like to have bonfires in the summer.  Sounds pretty good to me!

Checking that off the to-do moving list was HUGE!  We'll be moving on May 22-23 into the new place, and then closing on our current house on May 24.  Seems like it's best that we are as organized as possible to make it through the next three weeks...

We ran into a small glitch with the builder for our new house - they weren't sure they were going to be able to increase the depth of the garage, but it sounds like they have come up with a few options that may work.  We all want this to get signed off on soon so it can get started!

Ava is currently with Grandma Deb and Grandpa Whitey right now, and I reminded Scott this morning how easy it was to get stuff done around the house without a 4-year old constantly demanding our attention.  I always enjoy the time when Ava is visting family, but yesterday, I did miss her a bit.  I had to snap myself out of that, as I know she'll be home soon enough!

Scott and I took advantage of the free night and went out to eat in Minnetonka (on the west side of the cities)...we drove out there to look at a potential business and decided to try something new for dinner.  It was great getting out of our usual neighborhood, but boy, that drive home was a long one last night.

Ava and I had plans to watch a movie on Friday night, but instead we ended up watching Monsters vs. Aliens, and then Bubble Guppies, and then...I have no idea.  Because we both fell asleep.  Scott came in from working outside to find us in the dark, with the TV on...both happily snoozing.  Hey, Friday nights are hard - the minute I sit down, I know I'm out for the count! :)

Imagine my surprise when I checked our camera this morning and found this lovely gem waiting for me..turns out Pillow Pets really do make good pillows!


We're going to have another nice day, which means I will not be in the basement packing!  It's currently 65 degrees - hard to believe that less than a week ago, we got 8" snow.  As long as spring is really here for the season, then I'll forgive Mother Nature for that white stuff. 

Happy Sunday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bricks and Birthdays

Last Sunday, G and I headed off to the Minneapolis Brick Convention to see everything LEGOs! Ever since I bought the tickets, months ago, he couldn't wait to check it out. I was so happy that it was held at a location not too far from home, because it was snowing as we were driving there. Overall, it was a pretty neat experience. There were some amazing brick creations, and of course there was an opportunity to buy LEGO pieces! G has been on a 1980's spaceman kick, so he ended up getting Benny, the blue spaceman (from The LEGO movie), as well as Jenny, the white space(wo)man, as well. Once he had those two new pieces in hand, he was able to focus more on all of the cool builds they had displayed in the convention. It was pretty crowded, so after we were done, I was quite happy to get out of the building into a quiet car. More and more, I'm hitting my limit of "peopling" at an earlier point during each crowded event I go to. But, I did it for G, and he loved it! (I

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se