Skip to main content

Fall Fun Around Town

With the arrival of fall comes hunting season.  Scott's first bow hunting weekend is drawing to a close (no, he didn't get anything.)  But, that means that Ava and I have to come up with ways to keep ourselves entertained. 

I think we did pretty well over the last 48 hours.

Grandpa Whitey picked Ava up from pre-school on Friday, and she spent the night at their house.  As usual, she had a great time, which means that I could get out and have a great time!  I had dinner and drinks with a friend, and then managed to watch 30 minutes of a movie before completely crashing.  I think I made it until 11:40p.m. before falling asleep, which was pretty amazing for me.  Thank goodness my friends know me, and know not to take it personally!

It's a good thing we got all that rest, because yesterday was a BIG day!  Ava and I headed over to my friend Amy's house, so Ava could play with her daughters, Kelsi (5) and Kourtney (19 months.)  And boy, did they play...for hours!  We went to a pumpkin patch so they could each pick out pumpkins to paint (very cool idea!)  Next we came back to the house, where I made apple cider while the pumpkins were being decorated.  We also made Halloween cookies that the girls covered in sprinkles. 



 
Even Kourtney picked out a pumpkin!

 
They love playing dress up!


 
Kourtney spent the most time on her pumpkin out of the three kids - she did great!

 
The finished products...

 
Cookie time!




Even though it was a chilly afternoon, we all went to cheer on Kelsi in her soccer game - and they won!  Luckily, Ava kept herself entertained kicking the ball around an empty field.  And then she was done, so we went and sat in my nice, warm car, while the game wrapped up.  It was pretty fun to see 5-6 year olds chasing after the soccer ball - it looked like they were having a great time!

We then took the girls out for dinner to Snuffy's Malt Shop, where the food and drink is AWESOME, but to be honest, the whole meal is a bit of a blur.  All I know is that we used a lot of napkins, our server was patient, and there was a whole bunch of chocolate milk that went everywhere.  Needless to say, we took our malts to-go.

After we came back to the house, the three girls took a bath and played a bit more.  I think they were in bed by 10.  Which means I was asleep on the couch before 10:30p.m.  Another late night!!

 
I don't know what Kelsi is doing here, but it was funny!




And then it started up again at 5:00a.m. today when Ava got up to go potty.  Pancakes, more playing, and some sassiness (from Ava) wrapped up our time in Eden Prairie before we came home.  All I can say is that both Ava and I are worn out.  After she finished lunch, she looked at me and said "I need a nap now."  So, she went to her room and laid down...and it's been blissfully silent ever since then. 

Scott's out working in the yard, and I'm looking forward to making another batch of apple cider, and getting stuff ready to make chili for tomorrow night.  As much as I don't enjoy winter, I sure do enjoy the fun, fall activities leading up to it!

Comments

Megan said…
very fancy background there! I let charlie paint his pumpkin last year with finger paint and I think we'll do that again, much easier than carving. I also saw an idea on pinterst of gluing crayons to the top and using a blow dryer to melt them. I think C would love this as he plays with my hair dryer more than I use it

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se

26 Hours in a Day

Just yesterday morning, I was thinking to myself that I could really use a few more hours each day.  We don't sleep a whole lot, both work long hours at our jobs, try to play with Ava as much as we can at night and on the weekends, and then we have to do all of the adult-stuff...paying bills, grocery shopping, cleaning, work on side jobs, house projects, etc.  If there were only 26 hours in a day, we could: *Sleep just an extra 30 minutes - we need it since the dogs have been waking us up each weekend day at 5:30am.  What could be SO urgent that they need to get us up then?!?  You'd think we only feed them once a week, or something. *Spend an extra hour with Ava...we could go to the park every night, take an extra long bath, read a few extra stories, and just enjoy the giggles and chattiness. *Take 30 minutes to talk to each other about how things are going.  With Scott leaving for work each day before 5am, and then all of the craziness that ensues when I get home at nigh