Skip to main content

Happy #4!

Four just happens to be my favorite number, so I've really been looking forward to this birthday for Ava.  That, and it means that we're out of the horrible three stage.  It's not like there's a magic switch that happens on the 4th birthday to make Ava behave better, but at least when I say, "Why are you acting like this?!  You're a BIG girl now!" I can really get behind my words!

Since we had so much going on in June, I didn't feel up to planning a big birthday celebration for Ava.  I figure that once she gets into school next year, we'll have plenty of chances to really do it up for her!  Plus, we had been back from Colorado less than two days when her birthday rolled around, so honestly, I didn't even have time to manage a big event for her.  And she was okay with it!  It was a hot, sunny evening...we had family there, great cake and cool ice cream, and gifts!  Overall, it was exactly the low-key birthday I was hoping for.

We ended up getting her a bunch of artsy items, plus a few educational toys...and then the big gift was her bike.  Scott parked the bike on the other side of my car, and then asked Ava to get him a beer from the fridge (on that side of the garage.)  She was already dolled up in ALL of her bike gear (gifts) so once she saw it, she was ready to hop on and go!

And she was pretty excited!  Somehow, she managed to tip it over in the first five minutes, and she was struggling a bit with the pedal motion (she does fine on her tricycle), but after a few adjustments, we made it a bit easier for her to ride.  I think we need to start going on daily rides to build up her confidence, plus that's a great family activity we can all do together.  In fact, I think we're going to go out for a bit tonight!

Lots of little gifts to open...


Pajamas are so fancy nowadays...at least they were a decent price at the Disney Store!


So happy with her new wings!


Ava still hasn't mastered the jump rope yet, but I give her an A for effort!


ALL dressed up/protected...but she doesn't know why yet!


So happy to get on that bike and go!


There's even room for Dolly to sit in the princess carriage basket in front.


Getting tired of all of the pics...and I'm not sure why we didn't take off her helmet for cake and ice cream!


That last one just wouldn't blow out!


Getting ready to go out again!


She was pointing out the chains to me, telling me that's what made the bike work.  It would appear that Tinkerbell has worn off on her a bit!


Later that week, we headed over to Grandma Deb and Grandpa Whitey's house to celebrate Kaposia Days.  The first event was the annual parade.  Ava managed to collect a ton of candy, and we even saw a few new floats...they had a dance school in the parade, so I need to call to get Ava signed up for classes.  She's pretty excited to get to dance around.  And I'm excited that she'll get to dance with other little girls in the area.

Setting up for a great view!


A plane! I couldn't believe it when a plane came down the street...


Grandma Deb and Ava dancing for the SSP cheer squad.


After such a long week, it's no wonder she fell asleep right in the middle of reading.  And we LOVE Pinkalicious!


Update on the house: we've had four showings in the last three weeks.  We've received really positive feedback on how cute the house is...it's just a little more pricey than other homes in the area.  We're just not ready to drop the price yet, especially since we know how much money we've put into all of the updates!  Please send positive thoughts our way - it would be great to be able to move before she starts school next fall!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bricks and Birthdays

Last Sunday, G and I headed off to the Minneapolis Brick Convention to see everything LEGOs! Ever since I bought the tickets, months ago, he couldn't wait to check it out. I was so happy that it was held at a location not too far from home, because it was snowing as we were driving there. Overall, it was a pretty neat experience. There were some amazing brick creations, and of course there was an opportunity to buy LEGO pieces! G has been on a 1980's spaceman kick, so he ended up getting Benny, the blue spaceman (from The LEGO movie), as well as Jenny, the white space(wo)man, as well. Once he had those two new pieces in hand, he was able to focus more on all of the cool builds they had displayed in the convention. It was pretty crowded, so after we were done, I was quite happy to get out of the building into a quiet car. More and more, I'm hitting my limit of "peopling" at an earlier point during each crowded event I go to. But, I did it for G, and he loved it! (I

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se