Skip to main content

Quick Visit!

My parents came to town last weekend for a very brief weekend visit...but we managed to squeeze in a lot during those two days.  The weather didn't fully cooperate, but we managed to find enough things to do inside, so it really didn't matter!

Scott and I made a ton of new recipes - it's always more fun (and a little more stressful, so why not?) to try out new recipes for guests, than for ourselves.  Most of them were pretty darn good!  Now, we just need to remember to make them in the future.

My mom also did all of my ironing...which I thought was wonderful!  Ironing is not one of my favorite chores, so to have that help was fantastic! One thing off the list that I didn't have to tackle! 

We also had Grandma Deb and Grandpa Whitey over for a family dinner on Sunday evening, as it had been too long since all of the grandparents had seen each other.  I think Ava truly enjoyed being the center of attention with her grandparents all watching her!

I think Ava's funny...really funny.  The things she comes up with are hilarious...and my mom got to witness that firsthand while they were here.  My mom and Ava were reading a story together, while sitting at Ava's little table.  They needed to relocate to the couch halfway through the story, and when they got settled in, my mom picked up the book to start reading again.  And then the conversation went something like this:

Grandma Karen: "Now, where was I?"
Ava: "In Colorado."
Grandma Karen: "No, where was I reading?"
Ava: "At the table."
Grandma Karen, muttering; "Oh, you definitely have Grandpa Doug's genes...have to be soooo specific on the questions I ask..."

Personally, I found that entire discussion hilarious, as it's common knowledge that I may have the book smarts in the family, but Scott has the common sense genes.  We think Ava's going to get the best of both of us...and her smarty responses to my mom just proved it!

And I guess this past week, she told the group of boys at daycare that "their brains are in their britches, and they don't know anything!"  Debi told me that she had to turn around, laugh, and then tell Ava that she can't say things like that.  I'm pretty sure I don't use the word "britches" in my general conversations, and I can't really see Scott using it, so we're wondering where that little gem came from...

Cuddling with Grandma Karen...getting a little big for that, I'm afraid!



I haven't had a birthday cake for ME in so long...and then my parents showed up with this yummy one!


Helping Mommy and Grandma Karen make strawberry lemon bars...


Life size Arial and Barbie puzzles!


Grandma Karen, Ava, and Grandma Deb


She has already mastered running in heels...atta girl!


Love this...she looks like such a little lady

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bricks and Birthdays

Last Sunday, G and I headed off to the Minneapolis Brick Convention to see everything LEGOs! Ever since I bought the tickets, months ago, he couldn't wait to check it out. I was so happy that it was held at a location not too far from home, because it was snowing as we were driving there. Overall, it was a pretty neat experience. There were some amazing brick creations, and of course there was an opportunity to buy LEGO pieces! G has been on a 1980's spaceman kick, so he ended up getting Benny, the blue spaceman (from The LEGO movie), as well as Jenny, the white space(wo)man, as well. Once he had those two new pieces in hand, he was able to focus more on all of the cool builds they had displayed in the convention. It was pretty crowded, so after we were done, I was quite happy to get out of the building into a quiet car. More and more, I'm hitting my limit of "peopling" at an earlier point during each crowded event I go to. But, I did it for G, and he loved it! (I

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se

Last Week of School & Work 2023!

We just wrapped up the final school and work (for Dee) week of 2023! The kids both had spirit week/dress up days this past week, and there were fun parties for G, and a holiday assembly for Ava. Kirk Cousins (Vikings QB) was the surprise guest speaker at RHS this week. Ava doesn't really follow football, so when she texted me a few pics during the assembly, she said "The one guy is here. Football" Hahahaha! She mentioned she heard a rumor that SpongeBob was going to be there, but alas, just a pro football player. What a neat surprise for the kids (except for Ava, lol) I had a few fun events this past week, as well. We had a happy hour/celebration for a completed project at work on Tuesday night, and then my neighbors/book club headed out to the local winery for a cookie decorating event on Thursday evening. I'm happy we don't have a full calendar next week! Swimming was unexpectedly cancelled on Monday, which was A-OK with us. G has some congestion, so I was going