Skip to main content

We're Going to the Zoo, Zoo, Zoo!

We didn't have daycare yesterday (Good Friday), so Ava and I decided to head to the Minnesota Zoo to meet up with some friends.  It was, literally, a zoo there!  We stood in line for 30 minutes just to get INTO the zoo!  I was pretty happy with how patient Ava was...I was beginning to get a little nutty, so I'm happy she held it together for the two of us.

Once we got in though, we had a blast!  We met up with my friend, Lisa, and her two boys, Dylan and Jake.  As an extra-nice bonus, one of my co-workers, Amy, decided to join us for a bit, too.  She has two boys (Spencer and Payton), right around Dylan and Jake's age, so it was 4 little boys and Ava. :) 

Within minutes of getting there, Ava and Dylan were holding hands, walking together.  I have NO idea how that happened so quickly, but for some reason, I'm not surprised.  In fact, it reminded me a lot of the first time they met...Dylan was maybe 2 weeks old, so Ava would have been 6 weeks old.  Before we knew it, she had reached out and grabbed his hand in the crib...I still love that huge grin she has on her face!

Future prom dates!


3.5 years later...
(thanks for the pic, Lisa!)


Checkin' out the fish!
Payton, Spencer, Dylan, Ava, Jake, and Lisa


Mooo-ing?


Dylan's turn!


Perfect!
(and thank you again for the pic, Lisa!)


Lisa and Jake


In the CrAzY chicken house!  Seriously, it was nuts in there.


It's hard work walking so far...oh wait, it was actually more work for Lisa to haul these three around at the end!


We definitely had a good time, and all that fresh air helped to wear out both Ava and me.  She got a little cranky at one point, and Dylan had to ask her a few minutes later if she was done being cranky.  Ah, how boys learn so early that girls can be crabby one minute, and fine the next!

I think my very favorite story from the day is when Lisa noticed that Jake had half a cookie hanging out on his shoulder.  Lisa made a joke about it, Ava didn't understand why it was funny, and Dylan piped up with "Let me tell you why it's funny...the cookie was on his shoulder, and he wasn't eating it..."  I LOVE the fact that he took the time to explain the joke to Ava...I'm still giggling at that now.

There was also those 10 minutes where Ava was crabby and would contradict everything anyone would say.  Lisa said, very quietly to me, "This sun feels so good!"  And Ava, very quietly said, "No, it doesn't."  So then Lisa tried some reverse pyschology and told Ava how much she hated the sun, to which Ava responded, "Me too."  Ya know, for as crabby and sassy as Ava can be at times, she sure does make me laugh.

And I'm seeing more and more of me in her, which is a scary thing...gotta learn to keep the drama and emotions in check, kid! :)

We're getting excited about Easter tomorrow...we're meeting up with my friend Corinne for church, and then heading over to Great-Grandma Addy's house for a family dinner.  Should be a GREAT day!  We'll need to fit in a little Easter egg hunt around the house at some point, though...which reminds me...the Easter bunny needs to hop (haha) to it, and get that basket ready!

Happy Easter!

Comments

Lisa said…
That was such a fun day! Those kids are just too funny! I had forgotton about Dylan's comment. And I just LOVE that photo of them as newborns. So tiny!

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se

Last Week of School & Work 2023!

We just wrapped up the final school and work (for Dee) week of 2023! The kids both had spirit week/dress up days this past week, and there were fun parties for G, and a holiday assembly for Ava. Kirk Cousins (Vikings QB) was the surprise guest speaker at RHS this week. Ava doesn't really follow football, so when she texted me a few pics during the assembly, she said "The one guy is here. Football" Hahahaha! She mentioned she heard a rumor that SpongeBob was going to be there, but alas, just a pro football player. What a neat surprise for the kids (except for Ava, lol) I had a few fun events this past week, as well. We had a happy hour/celebration for a completed project at work on Tuesday night, and then my neighbors/book club headed out to the local winery for a cookie decorating event on Thursday evening. I'm happy we don't have a full calendar next week! Swimming was unexpectedly cancelled on Monday, which was A-OK with us. G has some congestion, so I was going