Skip to main content

Two Little Princesses

Every little girl loves stickers, it seems.  This mom is not so crazy about them - just because they turn up in odd places, or in the laundry, and by then, it might be too late!  The other day I found a tiny bone sticker in our office, right next to the door.  Makes me wonder how long it had been there and I hadn't noticed!

So, when my parents send Ava holiday cards, I have mixed feelings when they always come with stickers.  BUT, because Ava enjoys sticking them on things, I just try to get over it.  Sigh.  This week, it was a bit contained, because as soon as her Easter card arrived, she immediately stuck both pages of stickers to the card.  I found her trying to put one on her leg when she ran out of room on the card, but that was the only oddball. 

Gramma Karen and Grampa Doug - these are for you!



I love, love, love how Ava falls asleep, right in the middle of what she's doing, no matter how uncomfortable it might be.  This book that she was reading is one of my favorites - it's all about a beagle who wants to do what the owners do.  Wonder if I can get our dogs to read it!?


Yesterday, we all drove down to Grand Meadow to see our friends, the Winfield family.  Scott and Ava dropped me off in Rochester so Tiffany and I could get facials, and then they continued on to start grilling dinner with Darren, Isabel and Evy.  Darren's parents and sister also joined us, so it was a full house for the evening - but as always, a VERY fun time!

It has been so much fun watching Ava and Isabel grow up and start playing together.  There's an 8 month difference between the two (Isabel is older), but they will be in the same grade at school, starting next fall (yikes!!)  They just have such a good time together, and they both love to dress up, tell stories, and apparently, put on shows for any adults in the area!  Isabel kept telling us that the movie would start in 3 minutes, and then Ava would chime in 30 seconds later and say, "Well, how about 4-5 minutes?"  Someone is learning the art of stalling at an early age...

The best thing about going to a friend's house is all of the different toys, and dress up clothes!  These two lovely princesses had a great time prancing around, all sparkly and full of glitter.  When I took their picture, instead of saying "Cheese!" I got a "Princesses!" 

This is a hand-me down dance outfit from Isabel's cousin...it is SO dang cute!  Makes me think I should get Ava involved in dance...



Isabel looked so pretty in this sparkly one!


This one kills me...Ava started to fall out of her shoes, and I managed to take a picture at just the right time.  Start early, kid, even at my age, shoes can still be a challenge!


Lovely!


Evy...not a princess quite yet...but having fun!!


The two little princesses!


And their charming prince - according to Isabel, she married Darren.  Her dad.  Where do they learn those things??


It's been a great weekend...still lots to do, and the sun is finally out!  Better enjoy it before it goes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se

26 Hours in a Day

Just yesterday morning, I was thinking to myself that I could really use a few more hours each day.  We don't sleep a whole lot, both work long hours at our jobs, try to play with Ava as much as we can at night and on the weekends, and then we have to do all of the adult-stuff...paying bills, grocery shopping, cleaning, work on side jobs, house projects, etc.  If there were only 26 hours in a day, we could: *Sleep just an extra 30 minutes - we need it since the dogs have been waking us up each weekend day at 5:30am.  What could be SO urgent that they need to get us up then?!?  You'd think we only feed them once a week, or something. *Spend an extra hour with Ava...we could go to the park every night, take an extra long bath, read a few extra stories, and just enjoy the giggles and chattiness. *Take 30 minutes to talk to each other about how things are going.  With Scott leaving for work each day before 5am, and then all of the craziness that ensues when I get home at nigh