Skip to main content

Uh, Rollover at the Garage!

First things first...Scooter and Puppy are safe!  They went through some intense soaking with "Kids N Pets" - best stuff ever...it's a must-have if you have, well, kids and pets.  They also went through several rounds of washing in the washing machine, so they are nice and clean, and stink-free.  Tonight's the first night Ava gets to sleep with both of them...when she saw them this morning, she was so excited.  She didn't want to put them down for anything!  Made changing her diaper a little challenging, but we mastered working around the extra eight legs.

Second, I didn't tell many people, but I had surgery yesterday, and am recovering fine.  I had a lipoma removed, so it wasn't a big deal.  But, I was a little overhwhelmed when they walked me into the OR and strapped me down to the table.  Big lights, lots of equipment - wow.  It was all new to me.  And no, I never watched E.R.  All I remember was someone saying, "This will make you drowsy, but not too drowsy."  Yeah, ok, the next thing I remember is being wheeled into the recovery room.  Anesthesia-induced amnesia is freaky.

Onto happier topics!  Scott and I are trying to eat healthier, so we bought a ton of fruit this past week.  Even Ava couldn't get enough of the cantaloupe.  Notice she only has one sock on.  Interesting.


This just kills me...up until this point, I've been lucky if Ava is looking somewhere in the direction of the camera when I take her picture.  This time, I thought I should try the ol' "cheeeeeese" trick.  She was far too focused on her snack in the first pic, but the second one is a winner!  Look at that tilted head and one cheek stuffed full of food - what a pose!



I love this child.  If only I could get her to help me clean the WHOLE house, and not just around the dog's water bowl.


And onto the most exciting event of the week...her adventure with the Cozy Coupe.  I went out shopping this afternoon, and when I came back, I saw Scott zooming her around the backyard in the Cozy Coupe.  Anyone who is familiar with the CC knows that the side door doesn't stay shut.  More than once I had to close my eyes as they took a fast corner, and she started to fall out the door.  Who knew the "incident" would happen when the car was sitting still?

"Look at me, Mommy! I'm on the grass and not moving...not even in the slightest.  How dangerous could it be?"



I'm still not sure how this happened.  And it happened twice.  The first time she got stuck under the car.  This time she crawled away.


Luckily, she shook it off, and just tipped the car back over.  But then she needed to pick up all of the "cargo" (rocks and her sippy cup.)



"It's all good.  Let's roll!'



After this, the evening quickly went downhill, and she was in full-blown toddler meltdown mode.  She went to bed 30 minutes early tonight.  But not before using Daddy as a chair!  He's just so darn comfy.


We're going to try to have a nice breakfast out tomorrow, and then I'm hoping to head off to a baby shower in the afternoon.  Our good friends, Megan and Erik, welcomed a little boy to their family last month.  We can't wait to meet Charlie!!

Comments

Lisa said…
So glad to hear that Scooter and Puppy came out OK! And those darn roll-overs... we've had a few here too. Right now Dylan has a bunch of sand in his trunk from his sandbox. He was mad the other day when mommy wouldn't get in for a ride...

Glad your surgery went well!
Laryssa said…
So glad to hear you used KIDS 'N' PETS to clean up Scooter and Puppy! Just wanted to let you know that you can get a Free Bottle of KIDS 'N' Pets if you become our fan on Facebook, just go to FREE KIDS 'N' PETS tab!

-The KIDS 'N' PETS Team!

Popular posts from this blog

Bricks and Birthdays

Last Sunday, G and I headed off to the Minneapolis Brick Convention to see everything LEGOs! Ever since I bought the tickets, months ago, he couldn't wait to check it out. I was so happy that it was held at a location not too far from home, because it was snowing as we were driving there. Overall, it was a pretty neat experience. There were some amazing brick creations, and of course there was an opportunity to buy LEGO pieces! G has been on a 1980's spaceman kick, so he ended up getting Benny, the blue spaceman (from The LEGO movie), as well as Jenny, the white space(wo)man, as well. Once he had those two new pieces in hand, he was able to focus more on all of the cool builds they had displayed in the convention. It was pretty crowded, so after we were done, I was quite happy to get out of the building into a quiet car. More and more, I'm hitting my limit of "peopling" at an earlier point during each crowded event I go to. But, I did it for G, and he loved it! (I

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o