Skip to main content

Technology hates me

So, craptacular week #1 continued into week #2.  There was a power outage on Monday that blew the power supply to my PC, making it completely unusable.  No power = no PC.  Scott's been letting me use his PC, but I miss having my stuff readily available.  I'm learning to be flexible...deep breath in, deep breath out.  The irony is that I'm getting a new laptop in a few weeks, but I still need to be able to power up the PC to get all of my pics, Quicken, etc. to move to the new laptop.  But, it's fine - I have the power supply part, and now just need to corral Scott when he gets home from hunting so he can install it for me.

But, onto happy Ava news...she's biting again.  This time it was ME.  She bit my wrist and top of my hand yesterday when I picked her up to get her ready to leave.  It didn't draw blood, but I was really hoping she was moving past that stage...but I guess she's not!  Maybe she's part vampire.  There has been a lot of Twilight/True Blood/Vampire Diaries in our house.

Unfortunately, with my technology issues this week, I wasn't able to download any pics to post.  But, I did get a new camera yesterday (my Canon stopped working recently...seriously, does the tech world hate me?) so I'm excited to get the software installed and get new pics loaded.

Other than my tech issues, we really did have a good week.  With Scott on his 4th weekend of hunting, Ava and I have had a lot of quality time together.  Enough that last week, she kept calling both me and Scott "Mommy!"  She's such a daddy's girl, so it was nice to be first on her mind for once.

We had a very fun play date with Lisa and Dylan yesterday at Little Kids Big City in Woodbury.  It's a large room with all sorts of kid equipment/items to play with.  There's a fire truck, a post office, a playhouse, a car/truck service center, and a grocery store.  Ava was happiest when she was carrying around detergent and bleach bottles.  See, she really is my child. :)  At a few points, she grabbed some wrenches and other tools, so Scott would be proud.  Ava and Dylan are still at the age where they don't fully interact with each other, but there were a couple of moments where they realized there was another kid there to play with.  We went to Applebee's afterwards, and Lisa and I had a chance to catch up without worrying about the kids falling off the fire truck, or eating chalk.  Once I get my pics available, I will post some to the blog.

Last night Ava headed off to Grandma Deb and Grandpa Whitey's house for a sleepover.  She loves going there, so we're happy that the dynamics are such that it all works out for us.  With my child- (and Scott) free night, I headed out to downtown St Paul for some girl time with Angie.  We saw the Titanic omnitheater movie at the Science Museum, and had the chance to chat about decor and life over drinks at Mancini's.  Coming home to a human-free house was odd...there were 3 furry little beagles to greet me, but it was weird to be the only two-footed mammal there. 

So, I'm taking this time to catch up on paperwork, be a little lazy, and look forward to later in the day when my baby and hubby come home.

Have a great day!

Comments

Lisa said…
Yesterday was so fun! And I was thinking about the biting... maybe she's working on those teeth. Dylan always seemed to up the biting incidents when a tooth was about to break through.

I hope you get all that techno-crud fixed soon. Yay for a new camera! That's always fun!
I would not know what to do with myself in a kid-free; hubby-free house!! As for the biting... Owen is a little biter too. He's been better lately about it, but we'll see if it resurfaces. I'm hoping not!! Miss you!

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se

Last Week of School & Work 2023!

We just wrapped up the final school and work (for Dee) week of 2023! The kids both had spirit week/dress up days this past week, and there were fun parties for G, and a holiday assembly for Ava. Kirk Cousins (Vikings QB) was the surprise guest speaker at RHS this week. Ava doesn't really follow football, so when she texted me a few pics during the assembly, she said "The one guy is here. Football" Hahahaha! She mentioned she heard a rumor that SpongeBob was going to be there, but alas, just a pro football player. What a neat surprise for the kids (except for Ava, lol) I had a few fun events this past week, as well. We had a happy hour/celebration for a completed project at work on Tuesday night, and then my neighbors/book club headed out to the local winery for a cookie decorating event on Thursday evening. I'm happy we don't have a full calendar next week! Swimming was unexpectedly cancelled on Monday, which was A-OK with us. G has some congestion, so I was going