Skip to main content

Fangs and Tennis Shoes...?

Scott and I had a date night last night...yay! We went to dinner, saw a movie (The Proposal - it was cute!), and then went to the Cro for a night cap. Ava stayed with Grandma Deb last night, and I think we both slept so well...until the beagles woke us up at 6:45 this morning. Oh well, at least it wasn't 4:20am like during the week!

When I was in Northern WI last week, I bought Ava a cute purple cat for her to sleep with. She LOVES it! Here's a close-up of the kitty (and Lucky checking it out!)


Ava's been pushing the other kids out of the Cozy Coupe at daycare, so Debi was nice enough to let us borrow it overnight. All Ava really wants to do is get in, shut the door, and sit there. She hasn't quite figured out how to make it go, but she makes a big show of slamming the door! Scott and I are going to check out a Cozy Coupe we found on Craigslist this afternoon, so hopefully, Ava will have one of her own before the day is over!

Our garden has EXPLODED! The squash has taken over everything, and it battling for the ground with our tomatoes. As most people know, our tomato plants usually overrun the garden, but this year, they've met their match with the squash. In fact, the squash is now starting to make its way down the garage, into the alley, and even into our neighbor's yard. We have so many squash on the vine right now, it's crazy. One of them is so big it looks like a watermelon! We have NO idea how to tell when it's ripe...these are turning green, when we usually see them as yellow in the store.

But, I digress. Before the squash took over, we had several corn stalks that were producing, thriving, and loving life. (Needless to say, they are no longer thriving, as the squash is trying to eat them.) Scott pulled 6 ears of corn last week, so we had grilled corn on the cob for dinner one night. As Ava was eating it, we noticed that two well placed kernels made it look like she had fangs. And don't blame that realization on my obsession with Twilight or True Blood...Scott noticed it first!


My headband was starting to hurt my head, so Ava wanted to wear it to give Mama a break. It just looked so darn cute that I needed to take a picture!


I put tennis shoes on her yesterday for the first time, and while she wasn't sure about them at first, now she loves them. She RUNS when she wears them - there's no walking anymore! We were running around the Petco parking lot this morning while we were waiting for the store to open, and we (I) was trying to avoid the puddles. Ava stepped into a puddle right as her shoe came off. Nothing like a soaking sock to start the morning off right! And thus ended the parking lot walking adventure.



It's nice that Ava's big enough to feed herself, so I wanted to be able to give her a snack cup that she wouldn't be able to tip over and empty everywhere. I bought these cups that have a flexible lid on them that is supposed to keep the snacks in. However, our brilliant little baby discovered that all she has to do is pull a flap aside, and then all of the snacks can be poured out. Grrrr! So much for THAT idea!


Comments

Ok, so I read your whole post, but I'm not sure I comprehended anything past the first paragraph. I'm still stuck on the 4:20am weekday wakeup?! Please tell me you are kidding because I'm going to feel terrible that I complain about waking up at 6:30am now knowing you have already been up for over 2 hours!!
Lisa said…
Love the photos of her in her tennis shoes and running!!!! Now you're going to be the one chasing a kid around the park on our play date! Dylan hasn't done too much in the solo walking dept since his few steps last week. Still likes to hang on to us.

Popular posts from this blog

Bricks and Birthdays

Last Sunday, G and I headed off to the Minneapolis Brick Convention to see everything LEGOs! Ever since I bought the tickets, months ago, he couldn't wait to check it out. I was so happy that it was held at a location not too far from home, because it was snowing as we were driving there. Overall, it was a pretty neat experience. There were some amazing brick creations, and of course there was an opportunity to buy LEGO pieces! G has been on a 1980's spaceman kick, so he ended up getting Benny, the blue spaceman (from The LEGO movie), as well as Jenny, the white space(wo)man, as well. Once he had those two new pieces in hand, he was able to focus more on all of the cool builds they had displayed in the convention. It was pretty crowded, so after we were done, I was quite happy to get out of the building into a quiet car. More and more, I'm hitting my limit of "peopling" at an earlier point during each crowded event I go to. But, I did it for G, and he loved it! (I

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se